Broken - Kenny B and Bruno collab

Started by bruno, January 13, 2018, 10:37:36 AM

bruno

Track 211 - Broken
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Kenny sent me this track way back in November. I have been struggling with inspiration for music anyway, so I was slow going. Anyway, had a play with this, this afternoon, and this kinda blurted out. Sorry Kenny if it wasn't quite as expected - hope you don't hate it. The pace reminded me of Pink Floyd (Meddle era'ish), given the dynamics of the backing track (bringing you up and down - great stuff)  - kinda reminded me of early PF with loads of echos and things, although that's not how it ended up! Like with most of the stuff I work on, one thing leads to the next and so on, until it leads to somewhere. Oh well!

kenny sent me the backing track, drums bass and guitars, I added more guitars and some vox. The guitars had serious amounts of effects on them :-) That was fun!

This was a great track to work on, many thanks for thinking of me for this Kenny. I hope you don't hate it too much, and apologies that it took me some time, I tried a few different things over the months but they lead me up a few empty paths!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Groundy

Great sound Guys,
I agree it does have a Pink Floyd style to it.
Really well done,
Top class collab.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Very "floydish" vibe and your guitar has an excellent tone (via Kemper I suppose).

Fine backer as well! The drum arrangement works and sounds very good!

Fine job, fellas!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

Excellent collab,very much  morphed into a lost pink floyd song.
Fantastic playing.
Well done to both.

Kenny B

This sounds Fantastic Bruno ... Your guitars are always so great
and your vocal gives me a Jack Bruce vibe ... awesome.   I know I
put you on the spot as I do to most with my droning ideas but I
had a feeling you might come up with some cool dynamics.  We really
got to jam one day in real time ... maybe some day.   Many thanks
for taking the time to make this into something special.

Kenny B.
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Nice, I get the Floydish feel which is great in my book. Great job guys.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

Totally Badass brothers! Great Lyrics/vocal Bruno & your playing is quite tasty over that sweet backer.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mike_S

Gotta say this is superb guys. Hits all the right spots. Production is top drawer but the track itself is a cracker. The spoken style vocal is perfect and the guitar sound choice is spot on (great playing too)

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand