Main Menu

'Skylight'

Started by Greeny, May 11, 2009, 04:01:15 AM

Satchwood

As cool as ever Greeny with really cool lyrics - for some reason I can relate to this one!  Love the flanger toward the end!

"Like a skylight of the mind"...
"Just looking for windows of bliss" ....yes-ser-ree-nie-Greeny!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman_1957

Goodness, Sylvia Plath in a lyric? Very inventive, you always beguile and intigue. Bit insensitive about her troubled mental state tho.... Nevertheless, loved the song, the production and particularly the phase-y bits, great use of the stereo image. Backing harmonies are very strong on this one and it just rocks along and draws you in. More great stuff.

Cheers,

Nigel

Flash Harry

It's a killer choon Tim, and it sounds like I'm redundant!

What an absolute cracker.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

this is effing brilliant tim, the lyrics are fandabbydozee, and glad to see you got a kite in there too. love it love it love it
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

YES THIS IS GOOD !!!!!!!

The unique Greeny sound and clever melodyline with some Beatle-esque la-la's and some  'woo-hoos' from the Stones as a nice effect. iPod material for sure!!!

Geir
PS. How onearth did you get just the cowbell to autopan ... was it an add-on in audacity or part of a BR-patch?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Quote from: Geir on May 11, 2009, 04:08:24 PMPS. How onearth did you get just the cowbell to autopan ... was it an add-on in audacity or part of a BR-patch?

The cowbell is on one of the BR rhythm patterns - can't remember which though - and I added a phaser effect in Audacity on a couple of short sections to give it a bit of 'swirl' / panning...

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on May 11, 2009, 03:38:35 PMBit insensitive about her troubled mental state tho....

I love her poetry (and her novel The Bell Jar), and I hate what Ted Hughes did to her, so I wrote this reference with the very best intentions. I also know a bit about troubled mental states and writing poetry, so there are some other important personal resonances here. But that's enough dirty laundry for now... !

Glenn Mitchell

Well done Greeny, A solid 60's feel and great words.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Ferryman_1957

Quote from: Greeny on May 12, 2009, 04:09:12 AMI love her poetry (and her novel The Bell Jar), and I hate what Ted Hughes did to her, so I wrote this reference with the very best intentions. I also know a bit about troubled mental states and writing poetry, so there are some other important personal resonances here. But that's enough dirty laundry for now... !
Yes, Ted was a bit of a barsteward. I felt very sorry for Sylvia Plath from the little I have read. It's a great lyrical turn of phrase but it did jump out as a bit harsh. I'd include your explanation on your sleeve notes as that makes it clear you are very sympathetic to her problems. Great song, one of my faves of yours btw. This and "Who's the dummy" are my recent faves.

Cheers,

Nigel

Bro

You impress me every time! Your lyrics are freaking kick-ass!

So inspirational! I wish i could have done this! Great job Greeny!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.