Main Menu

'Skylight'

Started by Greeny, May 11, 2009, 04:01:15 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_Skylight
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's another one written and performed my me. There's a telecaster, les paul gold top, p-bass and 12-string acoustic going on this, including lots of riffing using the 'thirdz' patch. It's all recorded and mixed on the BR, with a touch of trimming and phaser effect added in Audacity. You'll notice some sympathy for the devil 'woo-hoos' at the end during a self-indulgent guitar jam with myself...  :D

OsCKilO

Gold as aways Greeny.......!

Lyrics seem Extra dark on this one......
Like the bit about poetry in the oven!
I had a very dark but interpretation of it, laced with ironey.... Like it happens daily!

Nice use of the "Greeny Riff"..... It's like a wicked-cool Musical autograph!

Another Hit!

Peace

T (Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

you need to post the lyrics for this tim, sounds a very dark theme from the lyrics i'm picking up but hopefully the skylight is shining some positive vibes, but its hard to tell. really like this one there is a lot of different shapes and textures going on in this song must have been a few bounces down im sure, another great piece to your every increasing cannon of work, long may your cannon keep firing.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

These are tricky lyrics, but the message is one of hope... a 'skylight' of the heart and mind that lets love, rain, stars, and light in. It's cryptic, but that's the way my head works, lol. As always, there's a love song at the core. And I wanted to get Sylvia Plath in a lyric  :)

Poor old Sylvia Plath
With her head in the oven
Baking all of her poetry dry
'cause sometimes the world is too much to handle
And it's tempting to switch off the lights

When the parties you throw
Leave you all on your own
With a cupcake and no-one to kiss
Don't go laying the blame
'cause we're all the same
Just looking for windows of bliss

Like a skylight of the mind
Where the birds can fly free from their cages at night
Like a skylight of the heart
Where our feelings are open to the rain and the stars

And love gets a little light in these troubled times

With these x-ray specs, i can see through your skin
To the beautiful bones of your love
'cause you make me grin both outside and in
When you fly like a kite in the sun

When the parties you throw
Leave you all on your own
With a cupcake and no-one to kiss
Don't go laying the blame
'cause we're all the same
Just looking for windows of bliss

Like a skylight of the mind
Where the birds can fly free from their cages at night
Like a skylight of the heart
Where our feelings are open to the rain and the stars

Blooby

I'm constantly impressed with how well you craft a tune.  Your orchestrations are top-notch, performances are always solid, and your mixes are great (although the 12-string seems too omnipresent to my ears on this one).  Great singing as well (background vox on this one got me).  What I'm really trying to say is at this very moment, I hate you with every fiber of my jealous being.  It will pass by the time I finish typing this, though.

Yup, there it goes.  You're a hero of mine again.

Blooby

Bluesberry

Love the heavy riff that starts this one going.  This one is a MONSTER for sure.  Do you realize how flipping great this song is Tim, I am sure you do.  I think this is in your top 5 for sure.  I love the self indulgent guitar solo, your guitar solos are getting better all the time.  I love the laalaa part.  I am getting all carried away by this one Tim, you have crafted a perfect song. MONSTER song.  Where the heck did this come from?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 11, 2009, 06:31:06 AMLove the heavy riff that starts this one going.  This one is a MONSTER for sure.  Do you realize how flipping great this song is Tim, I am sure you do.  I think this is in your top 5 for sure.  I love the self indulgent guitar solo, your guitar solos are getting better all the time.  I love the laalaa part.  I am getting all carried away by this one Tim, you have crafted a perfect song. MONSTER song.  Where the heck did this come from?

Wow! Thanks!!!!! I'm not sure where this one comes from. There's not really a category for it or any clear influences coming through (well, no obvious ones that I can hear). So this must be as close to my own style as I can get, lol.

I only did it last night, so I'm still a bit to 'close' to it... you know what I mean... I don't hear it as a 'song' yet as I'm deconstructing every little part of it and wanting to make tiny changes etc.

Bluesberry

Quote from: Greeny on May 11, 2009, 07:02:51 AMI only did it last night, so I'm still a bit to 'close' to it... you know what I mean... I don't hear it as a 'song' yet as I'm deconstructing every little part of it and wanting to make tiny changes etc.
Just had another listen, its a MONSTER for sure.  I can't say enough about this one.  It is perfect just as it is.  I LOVE every thing about this song.  This one really resonates with me for sure.  Really great.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jim1970

this is what gets me going!!! I Love what you did here!!
great production!!  Its like an artist adding different shades to a canvas.

IPOD!!!!!  Baby!!

JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

This is great!! Smooth, great flow with a little rough edge to it.

Works for me!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover