Do You Believe

Started by SE, November 02, 2017, 08:54:36 AM

SE

Do-You-Believe
Time:
0:00
Volume:
 Got sucked into this 808 beat and this is what transpired.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Groundy

Great beat SE,
First class writing and performance.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Haven't used much "808" kit, but it is cool here.

Fine song, John! I liked the vocal melodies and widely panned vocals and guitars works well!

Nice job!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pipes

Nicely panned, interval, backing vox :)

Your lead voice suits the song really well..

Love the grittiness:)

Cheers
Nick

Greeny

The 808 beat is always a good platform for a song. It always adds a cool indie feel to proceedings. Then you throw in those big hooks and melodies. It's fab. Great writing and a great performance. The synth pads add such warmth.

cuthbert

Wow - the 808 kit with those synths really sounds fantastic, and the guitar fits beautifully - your vocals really push it all forward.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

SE

Might retire from vocals after this one, sounds really bad to me, thought it was ok till I've  listened to it in my car, which is the best place to get what a track really sounds like, in my opinion.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Greeny

Quote from: SE on November 03, 2017, 06:27:52 PMMight retire from vocals after this one, sounds really bad to me, thought it was ok till I've  listened to it in my car, which is the best place to get what a track really sounds like, in my opinion.

I don’t think we can judge our vocals objectively. Not to start with, anyway. I only hear the flaws and limitations for the first couple of years. It always needs a lot of distance, and even then you can’t really tell. But giving up vocals- crazy! We all enjoyed them :-)

bruno

Quote from: Greeny on November 04, 2017, 02:33:16 AM
Quote from: SE on November 03, 2017, 06:27:52 PMMight retire from vocals after this one, sounds really bad to me, thought it was ok till I've  listened to it in my car, which is the best place to get what a track really sounds like, in my opinion.

I don't think we can judge our vocals objectively. Not to start with, anyway. I only hear the flaws and limitations for the first couple of years. It always needs a lot of distance, and even then you can't really tell. But giving up vocals- crazy! We all enjoyed them :-)
+1
For me, I really like the real raw edge in these vocals - they honestly sound great and distinctive to me. I think this will become part of the character of this song. I get your sentiment about this - I love to sing, but hate the sound of my own voice. So I objectify it, its not me that's singing - its someone else - then its fine :-) The only thing I hate is when people singing sound like they don't mean it (if you know what I mean) - and this sounds just fine to me, so keep on singing! I enjoyed this track!

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

launched

Quote from: SE on November 03, 2017, 06:27:52 PMMight retire from vocals after this one, sounds really bad to me, thought it was ok till I've  listened to it in my car, which is the best place to get what a track really sounds like, in my opinion.

John, don't even think about retiring the vocals - Don't do it!!! This is a great tune and I looooove the vox!!!

You rock man!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover