If I Should Ever Die

Started by ODH, October 27, 2017, 01:14:41 PM

ODH

If I Should Ever Die
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Under2Fest2 (banner image missing)

The other evening I got my keyboard out (MicroKorg XL).  This is a bit of a BIG DEAL for me, it's been stashed away in its Gator Case for going on five years.

Whilst tinkling around (I think I had the vague notion I would be a jazz pianist overnight) I stumbled on the opening refrain of this ditty here.  It kind of stopped me in my tracks and I knew I had to work it up into a song.  Now I'm really no keyboard player so I'm quite proud of the backer, played in one take.  It's the acoustic piano sound on the Korg,  played over my little JBL speaker and recorded using the on-board mic of the iPhone.

It's by far the longest (not to mention slowest) of my submissions for this fest.

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

cuthbert

I loved it. Reminds me a bit of Serge Gainsboroug in its musical approach, but with your own stamp clearly present.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Redler

I liked the dark feel of this - the tone of your piano fits nicely on atmosphere!

Fine job!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Fantastic Job Nick,
great piano sound.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Pathfinder

Very good and not touching the keyboard for years, and in 1 take is quite amazing. I like the darkness.

Hilary

I love it too but I'd really like to hear it worked up into a full song.

I stumbled across The Cooling this week - it's just fabulous and makes me want to write something really dark too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VZSYJgg8Ks

There's a pretty young thing with a pretty gold ring
and she talks to you every night cause she don't know your dead!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hook

"Why should I"
Excellent brother, just excellent.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Great tune Nick - always harder to play the keyboard once you press the record button, really great job.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Rata-tat-tat

Wow... popped in for a bit and figured I’d take a listen to some new stuff... Nick this is so kewl. Has a nice haunting Halloween feel .... love this big time
recorder
Tascam DP-02

kenny mac

Brilliant moody atmospheric song Nick.
Well worth getting that keyboard out mate.
Bravo