Editing question

Started by little_chick, May 10, 2009, 01:09:07 PM

Ted

Quote from: Flash Harry on May 12, 2009, 07:30:07 AM
Quote from: M_Glenn_M on May 11, 2009, 08:11:39 PMTrue, if you get that perfect take, say on a chorus, don't hesitate to copy and paste for all your choruses (chori?).

Oh no! that takes all the organics out of it!
    :-\
Sing and play every one!
No way!

I'm extremely self conscious about recording my vocals.  I won't do it when anyone else is home.  So when I know my wife is coming home in five minutes, and I've only got one chorus down with which I'm satisfied, then I'm done singing, and it's copy time.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

little_chick

Quote from: Ted on May 12, 2009, 07:53:02 AMNo way!

I'm extremely self conscious about recording my vocals.  I won't do it when anyone else is home.  So when I know my wife is coming home in five minutes, and I've only got one chorus down with which I'm satisfied, then I'm done singing, and it's copy time.

I'm like that too.  My husband has heard me sing to the kids, standing around the corner, and has asked me why I don't sing out loud when he's around.  I couldn't really say, I just have a hard time with that.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman_1957

I'm self conscious too for recording vox. Do what I do - go and sit in the car in the garage with all the doors closed. The car is quite a good vocal booth and you can belt it out really loud and no-one will see or hear you. The disadvantage is you are sitting down but as i do most of my vox practising when I'm driving, I'm used to it! At least one other person on the site uses the same method.

Cheers,

Nigel

guitarron

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on May 12, 2009, 01:22:42 PMI'm self conscious too for recording vox. Do what I do - go and sit in the car in the garage with all the doors closed. The car is quite a good vocal booth and you can belt it out really loud and no-one will see or hear you. The disadvantage is you are sitting down but as i do most of my vox practising when I'm driving, I'm used to it! At least one other person on the site uses the same method.

Cheers,

Nigel

that's certainly worth a try

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

little_chick

Hey, that IS a good idea!  Plus I can lock all the doors to keep my small children from asking mom for stuff for at least a few minutes!   :D

recorder
Boss Micro BR

jkevinwolfe

And if you tilt the seat back it takes pressure off the diaphragm as if you're standing.

launched

This is great - It's like the game "Gossip". You guys went from "The teachings of Plato" to "Salad and a baked potato"  :D ;D ;)

Anyway, I'm guilty of copying and pasting sometimes - that's workable, but I have trouble punching in/out if it's not a full phrase. The end result is usually the equivalent of a Unabomber letter  :o So I usually make sure there is some form of dead space between the punch.

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Glenn Mitchell

The auto AB is pretty good for that. You just roll back a few bars before it starts, hit record and play along and it does the punch in and out seamlessly.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks