traveller in time music by satchwood vox by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, May 07, 2009, 03:41:26 PM

Oldrottenhead

traveller in time
Time:
0:00
Volume:
satchwood asked for a vocal for this so i gave it a go original post is here https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br-b65/time-traveler-(reprise-the-open-door)-original/0/ this was done in stream of thought off the top of my head in two takes so is a very rough mix, if satchwood likes it i'll redo it again. hopefully more polished. this is the kind of thing jemimas kite song beautiful mistake is about, things just happening by accident and unfolding in a way you didnt expect, well at least i know what i mean, heres the song hope you like it. go easy on me though is a very rough sketch.

completed version posted here http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=796625&content=songinfo&songID=7624863

[soundclick]7624863[/soundclick]
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

The Satch and Dr MBR (ORH)

What a song!!!!!!!

Sounds as epic as "Life on Mars" but with 1000 times more killer guitar!

How do you come up with those Lyrics?!?

;D 8) :o
Bloody great!!!!!!

Peace

T (Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

QuoteHow do you come up with those Lyrics?!?
i honestly don't know, a lot of the time they just "happen", tho i do find if i have a nice piece of music to work with its very easy, i think the music must create images in my head, the music having a title helps too then it all gets mashed together with whatevers going through my head and then it spews forth, this weeks been like that with lots of songs but next week i will dry up again probably, tho a lot has happened this week persnal stuff, public stuff work stuff good stuff bad stuff all grist for the mill.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

This is epic !!!!! I've been trying to keep up ... but so much great music posted here lately ... but this on Satch is massive !!!!! Great composition and performance!!

ORH you deliver everytime !!! Lovely soulful  performance tho' a bit rough.

Great collab

geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Satchwood

Wow ORH - very cool!  You turned my instrumental into a real song!  Wow! Thank you for putting those cool lyrics and voice in!  I'm impressed and I like it..."I am the traveler, in time, moving forward..." way cool!  Nice melody too!

There's a few parts, I can't make out the lyrics, can you post them...

So if there are any tweaks that you want to do, ORH, go for it - I like it!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Oldrottenhead

hi satch glad you like it, not written lyrics all down, but tomorrow i will redo it and post another version
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Oh this is sooooo cool. Great job ORH. Needs some sorting out in the mix, but it is already a killer. Satchwood, if you could I would remix the instrumental and push the harmony guitars wide left and right to open up some space in the mix for ORH's vocal.

This had a majestic feel before the vox but now its just gone well beyond that. Great, great stuff.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on May 07, 2009, 04:21:04 PM. Satchwood, if you could I would remix the instrumental and push the harmony guitars wide left and right to open up some space in the mix for ORH's vocal.
Second that ... and maybe using the "live" mastering preset .... usually opens up a bit !!

Geir

still a masterpiece!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Satchwood

OK, lets see, this is how I tracked it:

T1V1              T2V1             T3V1               T4V1
Rhythm guitar    Rhythm guitar   Lead Guitar     Lead Guitar

T1V2              T2V2             T3V2               T4V2
Bounced trk     Bounced trk      Keyboard         Keyboard

How would you suggest I pan the V2 tracks optimally for vocals?   Just pan T1V2 wide left and T2V2 wide right?  Or should I also include the 2 keyboard tracks as well?
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Flash Harry

WoW!

Epic stuff.

I agree with Nigel.

Remix with the instruments nice and wide.

The organ should stay in the middle I think.
Jim's vocal could do with being much further forward, the lyrics get lost in the wall of sound that satch has created.
You have to get the production on this right guys. It's magical. A nevermet number 1 I predict.....
You know I'm getting quite blasé about excellent music appearing on this site, the quality just improves and improves.
Wonderful, wonderful stuff.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.