Can I change an Effects patch......

Started by The Reverend 48, May 07, 2009, 08:07:17 AM

The Reverend 48

here are 2 questions that would help me if I knew how to:
1. is it possible to change a guitar patch once a track has been recorded without redoing the track?
2. I am really missing 2 MBr patches on the '600 They are 06 BigStrum and 48 SmoothLd
can I export them or how can I easily add them to my '600?
Any help gratefully received  ;)
Mike

64Guitars

Quote from: 48 on May 07, 2009, 08:07:17 AM1. is it possible to change a guitar patch once a track has been recorded without redoing the track?

You can bounce the track through the insert effects to add additional effects (see page 95 of the BR-600 manual, 4th edition. However, you cannot remove any effects that have already been applied to the track. So it's not possible to change the effect used on a track once it's been recorded, but it is possible to add more effects to the track.

If you know ahead of time that you'll want to try different effects, you should record the track dry (without effects). There are two ways to do this:

• Simply press the EFFECTS button to turn them off before recording.
  • Set the Insert Point to INPUT<REC DRY>. This lets you use an effect while recording, but the effect is not recorded - only the straight guitar.

After recording your dry guitar track, you can then bounce it through any effects you like.

Personally, I don't like recording dry. My guitar performance is greatly affected by the sound I hear while playing. I'll play differently with one effect patch than with another. So I need to hear the effect while I'm playing. Otherwise, I can't put the same feeling into my playing. If I record a guitar track and, on listening to the playback, decide that I should have used a different effect, then I'll just do it again on a different v-track. That way, I can compare both recordings. Also, I think that forcing myself to redo it improves my guitar playing slightly.

Quote2. I am really missing 2 MBr patches on the '600 They are 06 BigStrum and 48 SmoothLd
can I export them or how can I easily add them to my '600?

You can simply create a BR-600 patch with the same settings. The following pdf document contains all of the Micro BR's preset effects patch settings. Just dial up the same settings on your BR-600 and it should sound pretty much the same as the Micro BR's preset patch. You can then write the patch to the User bank so that it will be available for other songs (see page 94).

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/Docs/Micro_BR_Preset_Effect_Patches.pdf

Be sure to read the tips/cautions on the first page.

I've tried all of the Micro BR's preset patches on my BR-864. They sound pretty good but I don't have access to a Micro BR for comparison. So, I'd be very interested to hear your opinion of how the Micro BR's preset patches sound on your BR-600 compared to your Micro BR.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

The Reverend 48

Thanks 64 guitars........ As usual you have sorted me out...when I have added the MBR patches to the '600 I will post a little comparison.....

The Reverend 48

I have now sorted out my MBR patches into my '600 and now I want to mess around the other way I know both have different parameters so not all will work......
Is there a list of '600 patches anywhere I have searched but can't find one ???

64Guitars

Quote from: 48 on June 04, 2009, 04:55:36 AMI have now sorted out my MBR patches into my '600

How do they sound in the BR-600 compared to the Micro BR?

QuoteIs there a list of '600 patches anywhere I have searched but can't find one

I don't have one now but I might make one when I have time someday. In the meantime, you could simply dial up a patch on the 600 and check the value of each parameter as you enter the same values into the Micro BR.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Sprocket

On the MBR, is there a way to record the guitar dry and then tinker with the effects during playback? This would really help me tweek, create and personalize my own patches much easier.
Sorry to jack this 600 thread. :-\

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website