Bass Drum Only drum pattern?

Started by Ferryman, May 07, 2009, 05:26:54 AM

Ferryman

Anyone know of a drum pattern that is bass drum only on the beat, ie four (or even two) thumps of the bass drum with nothing else? I haven't found one so far, there's got to be one in there somewhere......

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

I have gone through all the patterns at one time or another, and I can't remember hearing this pattern.  I guess you could always bring in a sample loop that does this?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

One of the biggest limitations - for me - is not being able to edit the rhythms on the BR. Sometimes I just want a cymbal or bass drum sound too. I don't think it's possible - unless 64 guitars knows a sneaky workaround solution. Otherwise it might be a case of importing a drum track that covers what you need. Does the Kas do rhythms like that?

Ferryman

Thanks, you're confirming what I thought. I have an Alesis drum machine, which is great, but I like using the onboard drums because it's so easy to delete intros and change the drum feel as the track develops. But if I want bass drum only, it's the Alesis (or Kaossilator, which has a number of drums and beats).

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

I looked for just a steady thump of anything, and didn't have much luck. There isn't even a metronome click without a ding - an annoying ding that sounds like a front desk bell  :D

And, from looking at how the rhythm section is structured, the arrange3.br1 file is used to control only the song number, tempo, pattern order and pattern type. Only a change in the firmware would allow for step modification and other advanced functionality - I think that's the case from what I've seen so far.

A firmware release is the only thing that would help, but obviously it would take a squeaky wheel for that - Using the existing format, there shouldn't be much trouble putting in some extra patterns.

I would like to see some single drum only patterns and definitely more percussion patterns like latin tone block, cowbell, bongo, conga, steel drum , etc.

But like I've said before, the idea is to plug your guitar in and hit the record button!  8)

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

Agree, everytime I use the MBR I prefer to do it all on that rather than use anything external, even drums. But I am hitting some limits with the drums.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

The drum limitation is my only hangup, too - BR600 is too big for me so I'll just have to live with it. It's too bad, because 4 playback tracks is plenty with the built in rhythm section.

Peace,

Mark
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

jkevinwolfe

Nope. Appears to be nothing like that. Blues 3 V1 has two beats and symbols it appears.

Kevin

launched

Hmm - Maybe there is a different firmware out there? If you are talking about P170, I get a kick, snare, two kicks with closed high hat. I wouldn't mind hearing the pattern you describe - maybe I have the number wrong?

Later,

Mark

recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

jkevinwolfe

Should be the same. Try to repeat just the first measure. I think you get one kick, one snare and the closed high hats.