Hey! I'm Alright Jack by Oldrottenhead (Parental guidance)

Started by Oldrottenhead, April 27, 2017, 06:33:34 AM

Mike_S

Brilliant! Love it. Love those swirling guitars and the lyrics... super stuff!!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Excellent post Jim, musically excellent with a great vocal. Always reminds me of Alex Harvey when the accent comes to the fore. Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

IanR

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on April 27, 2017, 06:03:45 PMscotland and venezula the only two countries in the world, poorer for being rich in oil.

Check out Timor Leste as well. They have huge gas reserves that Australia wants to steal. Because compared to Timor we are really poor  :'(

Australia is pushing to the right just like every other Western democracy. Seems like after about 40 years of liberalism, the pendulum is swinging back towards ultra conservatism. I hope it will bounce off something before it goes to far.

BTW: Great song.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Ella

Yes! Great song and great vocals. I am also so bored that greediness that leads the world. In Finland also. Everything is measured in money. >:(

launched

Groovy sounds, awesome voice!! I love my country, and I love the world - It seems like the small few put a damper on things. Makes it a little difficult but we're going to be ok bro!

Markymark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

TPB

Well sang and played I think it applies everywhere
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Greeny

Totally agree. I can't find the words to express it though - all I have is a numb, angry howl.

The song swirls along very nicely, and the punchy delivery is perfect for the message.

Fine work.

thetworegs

I thought I'd commented on this ... I've been back and fourth giving it quite a few listens it's a beauty you've inspired me to do a few songs from both sides of the fence Thanks for the muse

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Blooby

I downloaded this immediately upon completion. Great lyrics and such a cool vibe. Reminds me of Under the Wishing Tree-era Charlie Sexton. That album had a real Daniel-Lanois-influenced production, and I hear some of that here as well.  Just loved this one.

Blooby