THROUGHOUT THE TIMES (with Shakunetsu O.)

Started by stoman, March 24, 2017, 11:09:51 AM

stoman

02. May 2017 - Updated with new bass and guitar.

Unfortunately the recorded sound quality of ALL the tracks (except the MIDI stuff) is EXTREMELY bad, so a good mix is completely impossible. I tried my best to limit the damage, but I will probably do an alternative version of the song with better recordings some day.

THROUGHOUT THE TIMES

Lyrics, Vocals, Vocal Melody: Shakunetsu O.
Guitars: Nicola Offidani
Bass: Jean Lui Toudou
Drums: Nick Anderson
Original Music & Production: Steffen Offermann

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Enjoy! :)

Groundy

Pure class Steffen,
So Professional.
Really well done..

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Rolow

Wonderful!  A truly unique sound. Next to Creativity in the dictionary.

This song has a subtle groove that holds on to you and takes you for a ride.  The lyric, while melancholy, is strangely uplifting. As usual, human played drums add a lot.  The vocal is clear and, not to overuse the word, professional.

I don't know how this one got through the posting with only one comment, but I found it in Overlooked Gems and it is that indeed.  A work of art that should not be missed.

Ron
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

stoman

Thanks, guys - and sorry for not being around that much.

I just replaced the link with a guitarless version, as we are looking for a different approach (I envision a classical guitar giving some more character to the song).

I already invited a guitarist, but if anybody in this forum would like to take a stab at it (and can provide a dry sep in good, lossless quality), let me know, and I'll provide an aligned lossless (FLAC) version with an intro click. We can easily do multiple versions!

Groundy

Back for another listen, Courtesy of The Random Dozen...

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Ive totally missed this. I love the atmosphere on the song, so beautiful and a bit oriental vibe here. Top class job by all of you! The production is professional as always.

Enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

stoman

Thanks, Kari & Alex!

BTW - I just replaced the linked file with the latest version. :)

Ferryman_1957

This is superb Steffen. Very good performances all round, great track and masterfully produced. It sounds fantastic, very impressive work by everyone.