The Ballad of Mary Stone...

Started by Groundy, March 23, 2017, 01:51:52 AM

StephenM

I also figured this has to be a cover but nope!!!  As good as the song is I enjoyed laughing through the comments as well...

if you guys ever smoked any pot at your flings then she would be Stoned Mary Stone....  yeah, it was the best I could do

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

danthecoat

I was so taken with this song that i just couldn't stop playing it or a version of it. One day lyrics just fell out of me so i recorded them quickly.

Its no great recording and was all done within the hour and it doesn't come close to your original version which i just LOVE!!!

As i explained earlier my mums name was Mary Stone as was my grandmothers although everyone called My mum Shirley.

anyway i did this in homage to yours and not to take anything away from it. I hope I've not offended you but if it does then ill remove it immediately.

Its such a great set of chords and so catchy i just couldn't help myself. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTmMRKZUR9U

Zoltan

Wow! This is a really great song. I also though this must be an already famous song, but it's seems like it's still waiting its turn! Strong performances, and great songwriting.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Zoltan

This Dancecoats version works like a charm also! I really like the feel of it, and the vocal sound.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

I still feel like I've heard this before..  great song and an excellent cover.  love the groove and the acoustic...good vocals too...
I am sure Alex will be honored.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

tonyc

brill song love the story and lyrics , nice vocals and all round sound .....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16