I <3 Scotland (Hilary)

Started by Hilary, March 19, 2017, 08:28:36 AM

Hilary

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hello - this is a political parody backing the Yes vote for Scottish independence. It's based on the song I want to be Seduced which was written by Gary Tigerman and Leon Redbone. It's only 50 seconds but it took me bloody ages to film . . .

I appreciate there are lots of negatives to living in Scotland too but you've got Nicola Sturgeon and we've got Theresa May, end of!

Oh and there's just a little bit of songcrafter influence in there too  ;D

I <3 Scotland by Hilary Fox 19.03.17

I want to move to Scotland
Cause Scotland's got a lot to offer me
I want to leave England, forget Brexit
And still be part of the European Community

I want to elect my own Prime Minister
and not have someone foisted upon me
I want to have proportional representation
Free university education and
Political autonomy

You could argue politely, quite rightly
You can get deep fried mars bars in Torquay
I'm absolutely certain Scotland's the place to be
I'm absolutely certain Scotland's the place for me

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

T.C. Elliott

I've got no turtle in this race, but you've convinced me, for one. I think you do a great job with the lyric, which isn't the most smooth (and can't be, really, to make your point.)
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Hilary

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on March 19, 2017, 08:39:41 AMI've got no turtle in this race, but you've convinced me, for one. I think you do a great job with the lyric, which isn't the most smooth (and can't be, really, to make your point.)

Yep - proportional rerespentation/free university education.

It wasn't just the lyrics though, I had to land on f7 on the uke without looking at it - twice.

Crikey I wish I was a musician . . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

launched

You made my day, what a delightful performance! Very charming and witty, put a huge smile in my face

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Rata-tat-tat

WTG Hilary... witty, funny, ... I want to go to Scotland and hang out with ORH and Kenny Mac and anyone else on here who lives in the great country. I want to play bagpipes while playing golf while drinking some stout . Yup sounds like a pretty cool place indeed. Love the vid too.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Oldrottenhead

as Nicola Sturgeon said yesterday at conference, "The Scottish First Minister told the SNP party conference that an independent Scotland would welcome people from across the home nations - especially those “appalled” at Theresa May’s Brexit plan."

great song and i feel your pain, (which we could still suffer).

tho i must add, Teresa May couldn't tie Nicola's shoe laces lol.  IMHO we are very lucky to have Nicola as our first minister.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hilary

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on March 19, 2017, 02:50:25 PMtho i must add, Teresa May couldn't tie Nicola's shoe laces lol.  IMHO we are very lucky to have Nicola as our first minister.

That's exactly what I meant - I was thinking if I could choose any PM I'd choose Nicola Sturgeon (can't abide Teresa May) and that thought led me to this song. You are very lucky indeed to have her as Prime Minister.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

kenny mac

Great stuff Hilary,great to hear some light humor on the subject as some of the net discussion is getting pretty nasty.
Made me smile.

Redler

If I was Scot, I'd say welcome to you or can you think about moving to Finland ;D

Nice wee parody - I'd like to see and hear this at your gig!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Hilary, You're A Star,
Love it.

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs