Started by Groundy, January 03, 2017, 01:07:34 AM

Groundy

mh
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Lost_in_2016 (banner image missing)

This is my laid back version of the late Merle haggard's Sing me back home,
Must master a different way you spend ages with the headphones and it sounds spot on then when you play it it's nothing like what you hear with headphones,
1 Keyboard Track 3 Guitar tracks, there was going to be a harmonica track but everytime I played it The dog would take off Growling at me, Must be a music lover :D
Thanks for listening......

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Jean Pierre

1/I don't know this song, very beautiful ballad

2/ very good backtrack and mix

3/ I like very much your voice and the harmonies are perfected

4/
Quotethere was going to be a harmonica track but everytime I played it The dog would take off Growling at me, Must be a music lover
EXCELENT! my dog (Jahia) does not like the high frequency

5/ Congratulations my friend
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Mach

*applause* I love MH tunes. You have done a great job on this Alex. I like that guitar style on the right.
Nice harmonies and recording. Would love to hear the version with doggie growls  ;)

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

ODH

Great song, Alex.  I don't think I know any Merle Haggard songs so I'm not familiar with the original, but I like how you've put this together, nicely balanced production and relaxed performance.

:)
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hook

You did a great job with this one alex. Totally live your playing and the whole tune just feels right.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

fenderbender

Excellent version of a great song.
lovely clean clear balanced recording -
Your on the ball Alex.

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Oldrottenhead

brilliant alex, sounds great on my headphones. i didn't realise merle haggard had passed away.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pete C

I know what you mean about mixing with headphones - due to my set-up I have to mix my tracks through headphones and it never sounds as good on speakers afterwards. Saying that, I've just listened to this through my PC speakers and the mix sounds excellent to me - very professional sound. I don't know the original but this sounds great to me - good job all round !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Brilliant, Alex!

I'm not familiar with this either, but this is really beautiful song. Your voice is perfect on the song like this!

Really well played and produced!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR