Suggestions & Ideas you have for the Community

Started by Pedro, December 28, 2007, 08:26:19 PM

thetworegs

I've never thought about the look of the site....till now! Its not what i look for in a music site....I come here to listen and comment ....admin do a great job I think....Thanks!! There's not much in life that's truly free like Songcrafters so we should cherish it ...thanks again to all who keep it a float ...@ Henny ever thought of going into politics we need a straight talking Brummie in charge.....you'd get my vote ;D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Blooby

As I have regressed into lurk mode for the most part, I feel that all I can really contribute at this juncture is that I'm not wearing any underwear.

Blooby

Burtog

Do I want a Fiat that looks like a Ferrari

or do I want a Ferrari that looks like a Fiat???

(soz for being a crappy songcrafter at the mo, normal service will resume soon......ish!)
recorder
Boss BR-800

armeenis

Ok, ok ok. Just fucking relax!!! I also come here for the music and all that crap.
But...It simply takes Illustrator/Photoshop and a graphic designer with a half of brain to come up with something more or less esthetically pleasing! It's about being somewhat professional and presenting a product in a proper way.
You wouldn't post a song you recorded on an answering machine or something...

Speed Demon

I would tattoo a song on an elephant's ass if it would make it easier for people in Africa to hear my music.
And there are no pretty elephants.

In fact, the only difference between my mother-in-law and an elephant is thirty pounds and a gray dress.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

cuthbert

Speaking as a member and user of this site, I don't think anything's wrong with the look of Songcrafters - I find it neat, functional, and not overcrowded. I can usually find what I want with very little distraction along the way. I especially appreciate the color scheme, as I can't look at dark backgrounds with light colored text for very long before burning out my retinas and leaving.

The point's been made already, but I think of Songcrafters as a place to share music, support, ideas, and fun - and to my mind, the site's design doesn't detract from that at all. In fact, it enhances it because it's not in the way of the things that I want to do here. It's all about the music and what folks share here that makes this place what it is - not some flashy design that often covers up for a lack of a decent community in some other sites I've visited.

I think I can speak for the admin team when I say we're not presenting a product here - it's a community, and you can't buy that. Let's stick to what's important.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Speed Demon

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Bluesberry

Quote from: armeenis on April 14, 2014, 02:00:27 PMLove the site, hate the look! Great content but visually retarded! Looks like something from the 90s!
These days it's possible to get design done for next to nothing and yes even for nothing. Maybe it's time?

You want to see what this place should look like if it was a 90's website, click the link: Now thats 90's.

http://www.wonder-tonic.com/geocitiesizer/content.php?theme=1&music=10&url=songcrafters.org

To come on here and say that our site looks visually retarted, and something from the 90's (gasp), and then try to pretend that you were just making casual observation, and to not get all worked up.........WTF dude..........this site is much more than just a random music sharing site on the vast sea of the WWW, this place is our home base when we are on the net.  This is our little piece of cybernate paradise................don't piss on the fucking carpet.  

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

AndyR

Yep, I agree guys... I've been thinking about this on and off all day (and btw, armeenis, you're not winding me up at all :), I kinda see what you're saying, but I'm not really looking for that type of presentation here. This is a place to let my hair down and NOT worry about presentation so much)

As far as I'm concerned, Songcrafters isn't a place for marketing my music. I'm not expecting anyone who isn't a member of Songcrafters to find me on here - that happens other places (if at all!!).

No, to me, songcrafters is more like a club where creative people share their stuff with each other. So, from that point-of-view, it doesn't need "professional" - this place is more like the dressing room or the rehearsal studio to me, not front-of-house at Wembley or whatever... It's like a living room where a bunch of like-minded musicians and songwriters come round and we have a few beers and show off what we've been doing... we're kind of not expecting the general public or press/media to pay any attention in here.

EDIT:

Quote from: Bluesberry on April 15, 2014, 12:46:19 PM...don't piss on the fucking carpet. 

:D

OOops... sorry, that might have been me - I couldn't find a loo, and it seemed ok to just go in the corner when no-one was looking...

And hey! There's a bloke over there with no pants on... I can see him!!! Are we saying that's OK but relieving oneself on a seldom used portion of carpet isn't? We need some clearly defined rules on this...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1