Suggestions & Ideas you have for the Community

Started by Pedro, December 28, 2007, 08:26:19 PM

64Guitars

The box at the top-right of each page now has links for "Show unread posts since last visit" and "Show new replies to your posts".

I would add one more:  Show all unread posts.

I think the "Show unread posts since last visit" link may be the reason that some people keep missing posts and can't understand why. If you have 30 unread posts and you only read 20 of them, the remaining 10 will not show up the next time you visit. Instead, it only shows any new posts since your last visit. But, if you use "Show all unread posts" instead, you'll never miss any posts. Of course, the number of unread posts will be overwhelming at first, so you have to start by marking all messages read (at the bottom of the forum home page). Then "Show all unread posts" will only show the new posts from that point on, so you should be able to keep up with them if you check your unread posts regularly.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Justin_Case

I like the all unread link as another option, perhaps if possible and not too much trouble, at time frame - 30 days or so prior as a limit?

Ted

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 12, 2010, 11:45:26 AMI would add one more:  Show all unread posts.

That's cool.  I bookmarked that one.  It also makes it easier to declare total board bankruptcy.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Greeny

Unread posts?! After being away for a while, even the concept of that fills me with fear, lol.

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Saijinn Maas

Does anyone think it would be kinda cool if we had a CLASSIFIEDS section? With the amount of GAS that goes on here, I am sure most of us come by equipment we don't use and would prefer it to go to someone who can actually use it.

It isn't about making money, but allowing the community to sell and trade amongst itself.

Just a thought. ;)

64Guitars

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on March 24, 2010, 03:39:59 PMDoes anyone think it would be kinda cool if we had a CLASSIFIEDS section?

Sorry. This was discussed over a year ago and we decided against any form of advertising on the site. There are lots of other places where you can sell your old gear. I'd rather keep this site ad-free.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 24, 2010, 03:47:12 PM
Quote from: Saijinn Maas on March 24, 2010, 03:39:59 PMDoes anyone think it would be kinda cool if we had a CLASSIFIEDS section?

Sorry. This was discussed over a year ago and we decided against any form of advertising on the site. There are lots of other places where you can sell your old gear. I'd rather keep this site ad-free.

Ah, I must have missed that.  Although, I don't see how making available our own stuff to the community is "advertising", as most communities have this. But no problem   ;)   Was just a thought.

Thanks  :)