Suggestions & Ideas you have for the Community

Started by Pedro, December 28, 2007, 08:26:19 PM

Ted

Here's an example of what it looks like in Facebook when you use the bookmark on a topic.

It's not clear what the link goes to.

This was a link to A Chorus a Verse and a Tune You Can Hum, but you wouldn't know it.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

OsCKilO

Off Topic completely.........

Suggestion:-

A new years eve awards ceremony/system..........

The winner of each category  (Eh?) wins their place in a notification email to the sites 2261 (At Present) members as a prize, letting people know who was voted in.........

A worthy prize I say, in terms of exposure.......

If one person liked my music it would be enough.......

God knows what categories there will be though...  The site is sooooo Diverse.....

The voting system would be tough to arrange as well.....

But it would be something for us all to work towards!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tony W

Osckilo, I love your music, that's my vote.

Now I personally don't see music as a competition. I share my efforts, not because I want recognition, instead I do it as a tribute to what people here have done for me.  Oddly enough,

I'm a very competitive person, however I would take no part in a voting process. There are certain biases that I could not overcome. I love everybody's music on this site, but I'm more apt to voting for the people who comment on my posts  :P I'd be voting for people who have taken time to help me along my journey.

I can recall only one negative post on this forum. Even the criticism is constructive and written to enhance a person's skills. By opening up voting, I feel it is a means to open the forum to negativity, whether it is hurt feelings or other.

I already know who's music is my favorite on this site...... MINE ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

It doesn't have to be a blanket competition......

People could enter themselves to be in the running for each category......
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Geir

I've noticed a problem. During the latest collab I was involved in, there was a fair amount of PM's. PM's that went to more than one person. And when all involved were replying at about the same time, sometimes one or more PM got "lost". It was there alright, but contrary to how the threads work, when there are one or more replies to your PM and you say yes in the pop-up dialog box to see your message, you jump to the LAST one, not the oldest unread as in the threads. Don't know if it's possible to do anything about this, but if it is, it would be nice !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony W

Don't forget to add that Mark was put in the 20 pm per hour dog house too! lol Multiple occasions!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Dmann

I Would like to see a work in progress forum, where we could update our uploaded MP3's with a newer version's as they become available. It would make it better for when you post something asking for feedback with the sole intention of continuing to work on the piece, and just need another opinion before moving on.

Keep in mind that this would be different from the collaborations forums, as it would be more of a "looking for opinions" or a "3rd perspective" on your own stuff that you don't want to collab on, but need some objective opinions. It happens a lot to me where I am working on something I listen to it so many times, I begin hearing the piece differently and other times what sounds absolutely fantastic to me will sound different to someone else because they have not analyzed to 100 times.

Anyways, this could be a sub forum of "post your work."

Thanks,
 Dwayne.

Ted

I miss having links on every page for:

• Unread Posts
  • New Replies to your posts
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI miss having links on every page for:

* Unread Posts
    * New Replies to your posts
me too
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Justin_Case

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 12, 2010, 03:22:49 AM
QuoteI miss having links on every page for:

* Unread Posts
    * New Replies to your posts
me too

Me Three