Using ATH M40 headphones with BOSS Micro BR

Started by jfriesen, April 30, 2009, 12:01:37 AM

I'm worried that there may be problems using the ATH M40 headphones with impedance rated at 60 Ohms with my BOSSS Micro 4-track digital. I want to be able to use the headphones without adding an amp. Should I be concerned???
Thanks, John

64Guitars

The recommended load impedance for the headphone jack of the Micro BR is 16 to 100 ohms, so your 60 ohm headphones should work just fine. Although, you'll need a 1/4" to 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo phone plug adapter as the ATH M40 has a 1/4" stereo phone plug attached and the Micro BR's headphone jack is a stereo miniature (1/8" or 3.5mm).

(Click image for webpage)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Thanks 64guitars for that VERY helpful reply. Also checked out your excellent website and found the answer to my other pressing question of the moment - which power adaptor to buy for the BOSS Micro BR. Other info on the internet is terribly confusing and vague, with little in the way of clear answers to the 200MA (PSA 120) or the 600MA (PSA 120S) question. Thanks for clearing that all up.
Cheers,
John