Continuum (original instrumental composition)

Started by Satchwood, April 29, 2009, 03:29:00 PM

Satchwood

Since I probably won't be singing much I was thinking of doing some writing to go along with each song (reflection, meaning, possible story, etc.). 

I plan on having a definite "time travel" angle on some of the meaning and thematic nature of the writings.  So far, 2 of my tunes: Continuum and Quantum Ride fit this idea... 
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman_1957

Satchwood, this is very cool, it's clear you are a really talented and versatile guitarist. I like the effects towards the end, it really does start to get spacey (Hawkwind anyone?). It's also very well produced - it sounds great on headphones and on my crappy "radio mix" speakers. Great job. I'd love to hear the version with bass though - any chance you could post on another site and put a link here?

Happy to have a Kaossilate on anything you do - just let me know.

Cheers,

Nigel

Davo

Great song!  I love the guitar tones.  How did you get that guitar sound?
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Satchwood

Thanks for listening and commenting!  I really enjoyed putting this one together - it was just total fun!

Nigel: I'm thinking of getting a website started...one of these days...

Davo: All the effects are from MBR...for the spacey effects I used 1+1=3  8)

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Wiley

Excellent.  The br does have some good effects.

Satchwood

Thanks wiley!  ...probably not a song that you can sing to...huh! 

I actually composed much of the guitar rhythm when I was much younger playing in a garage band doin backyard birthday parties.  I luv this MBR recorder...

Jim1970

WOW this is so cool!!!
Spacey feeling to this!!
Rocking tune!!

JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

I'm glad that you liked it Jim!  I actually like it too - I guess that's ok to enjoy listening to your own work   ::)

There were many nights that I couldn't sleep because I was working on the rhythm track before bed, and the notes kept haunting me, sometimes all night long....

Here's some lyrics for ya:
My creativity has gone up, while my sleep has gone down...in my Micro BR...I am a star!

Bro

If you ask me, just the right amount of laid-back-ness (No thats not a real word! :D) Great job, nice muting!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Davo

Good to know, cause dems some good guitar tones!
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe