"Noir II"

Started by Blooby, October 21, 2016, 05:45:02 PM

Blooby

Noir II (final) - Blooby
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I'm sorry I've turned into one of those Troglodytes lately who becomes more active when I post something. I'm trying to carve out time when I can. On a relevant note, I'm so friggin' excited for the next FloridaMet...to immerse myself in music for a few days...and with fellow Songcrafters to boot. Gonna be soul-satisfying...and that coming from somebody who I think is in the throes of his mid-life crisis. Thanks, Hook, for masterminding it.

Five or six years back, I posted a harmonically banal thingy called "Spencer," an aural homage to Robert B. Parker (wow, that sentence was pretentious) and another tune called "Noir." This current piece was in the same vein, so I just called it "Noir II" out of sheer laziness.

I gave John (Lurker) esoteric and ultimately meaningless (and slightly inebriated) instructions for turning this into a song with vocals. I'm curious where this will be going with a B section and maybe a bridge.

Blooby

leighelse

At the start this could be the theme song for a police drama series. The drums sound very fine, and the bass is tasty. I love the guitar and the piano.

You create a well defined sound stage in my headphones for this atmospheric piece. It will be interesting to hear how the vocal adds to it.
Dueling BR1600s. Beats banjos.

launched

I'm pretty stoked about Florida - I'll be the Yankee so you guys go easy on me!

Wicked lead tone, and the wah track is emotional as hell. I am your fan. And not the kind at Wal-Mart with three speeds and oscillation.

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Groundy

This is superb Blooby,
just love the guitar playing and tones,
Then the piano really fits so well..
LOve it....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Cool atmosphere here, I like it a lot! Feels like you played this in a big venue. The echo is nice!

Enjoyable piece of music!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

i recall a comment of yours on a song of mine, about the bass and it's affect on your bowels.

well guid sir i thank you.

i just threw away the senna tablets.

and i am no longer wearing any underwear.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Mike_S

Very cool - great atmosphere, and have to back up those previous comments - that bass is bowel inducingly good.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Man, every part of this is so perfectly cool.  I might have to have a go at this. Really good work brother Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

fenderbender

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder