OK, what song have I ripped off??!

Started by Super 8, September 25, 2016, 11:41:03 AM

Rolow

Interesting sub-topic going on here, but I'll stick to the song.

A really, really, cool song.  It's got a bounce and a feel that tickles my innards.  Well conceived by Super 8, well tracked and mixed and very good sounding vocals.  I love lyrics and am always pleased when I can hear and discern what's being said (which I rarely accomplish myself).

Also, I envy those who connect with the universe in such a way that songs or books or whatever just "appear" to them.  Congratulations and I hope you wake up to many more gems like this one.

Ron
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

launched

I listened to this a couple of days ago and liked the arrangement very much. You seem to be concerned with your tune being similar to another songwriter/artist (Which I'm pretty sure we all are), but I don't hear anything that jumps right out at me.

Great songwriting and I think you can own this one!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Super 8

Quote from: launched on September 27, 2016, 07:35:47 PMI listened to this a couple of days ago and liked the arrangement very much. You seem to be concerned with your tune being similar to another songwriter/artist (Which I'm pretty sure we all are), but I don't hear anything that jumps right out at me.

Great songwriting and I think you can own this one!

Mark

Thanks for the confirmation Mark! It's beginning to feel like 'mine'. CHEERS!

Super 8

Quote from: Rolow on September 27, 2016, 04:29:54 PMIt's got a bounce and a feel that tickles my innards.

Just spilt my coffee! :-)

Johnny Robbo

It does have a familiar vibe to it, but I think that's just because you've written something so wonderfully catchy... it puts me in mind of Tom Petty or The Traveling Wilburys, but it's the rootsy instrumentation that gives it this vibe. Not a rip off at all, pal... just good old fashioned songwriting done well!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Super 8

Cheers Robbo! I'm not actually familiar with any of the musical references you've made in connection with my song post (of course I've heard of them just don't own any of their records) so they can't of influenced me in any way. That said, I'm defo with ya on the keepin' it real 'rootsy' front. Thanks for taking the time to listen & put down your thoughts amigo - CHEERS!   

ODH

Quote from: Super 8 on September 25, 2016, 11:41:03 AMSO the big question is .... who've I ripped off?  ???

Nice song, Super.  It kind of put me in mind of 60's bands, maybe Byrds, although I'm no expert in that period, so I don't know any specific songs.  The other one which did spring to mind was Hey Carry-Anne, by the Hollies, but again more for the feel that any actual melodic similarity.

I certainly don't think you ripped off a song.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Super 8

Cheers ODH! Two great references there - I'm not worthy! Funny you mentioned The Byrds 'cause an actual member of that band was in touch with me recently & happened to mention how much he liked said song in question. Life is full of coincidence! Thanks for your input amigo :-) 

IanR

Have a listen to Wilco.

This song would find a home on one of their albums.

BUT, it doesn't rip anyone off any more than any of us do.

Congratulations on a great song.  You performed it really well too!

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

kenny mac

Sounds great and original to me,isn't it great when songs arrive from nowhere in such a magical way?
Nice one.