Started by bruno, August 11, 2016, 08:24:43 AM

bruno

On the Mac  - looks like .... ???
Any one else having the same issue?
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

64Guitars

I don't have access to a Mac but I tried it in a couple of WebKit-based Linux browsers and it displays just fine. I suspect that you've got some old files in your cache that are causing this problem. Try clearing the cache to ensure that your browser's loading only the current versions of the files associated with the MP3 player.

In Midori (WebKit browser for Linux), it looks like this:

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bruno

Hi 64G
Yip - cleared the cache, cleared the cookies, and then did a full Safari reset. Still the same. Probably a 'too old' version of the browser (5.1.10) as I'm running quite an older version of Mac OS (10.6). Works fine on Firefox on the Mac tho. I should do a OS upgrade, but that's generally a pain! The player does play though, its just not rendering where you'd expect it to!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

64Guitars

Quote from: bruno on August 11, 2016, 09:20:35 AMProbably a 'too old' version of the browser (5.1.10)

Yes, that would explain it. The buttons of the player use the Flexible Box Layout feature of CSS which, according to the following chart, requires at least version 6.1 of Safari.

http://caniuse.com/#search=flex      (click the "Show all" button to see older browser versions)

However, the chart also says that Safari 3.1 through 6 has partial support for Flexible Box Layout if the -webkit- prefix is added. I thought I had used the -webkit- prefix but I just looked at the code and realized that, although I did add it to the jukebox player, I forgot it in the single player. So I've now added it and updated the file. Please give it another try and let me know if that fixes the problem. You'll probably have to clear your cache again because it will still have the old version.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bruno

Still the same. NP 64G - thanks for looking into this. Will just switch to firefox. I can't upgrade Safari without the OS upgrade. Will try and sort that out at some point :-) Don't spend any more time on this, this is creeping death of a very old OS :-)
Cheers.
Bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

64Guitars

Just out of curiosity, do the jukeboxes have similar problems in your version of Safari?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bruno

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 12, 2016, 11:25:04 AMJust out of curiosity, do the jukeboxes have similar problems in your version of Safari?

Yip - the similar screen issues on HTML5, better (but not 100%) on Flash.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

bruno

Okay - everything on OSX Mountain Lion was falling to pieces. So bit the bullet. Full back and then upgraded to OSX El Capitan - and so far, very simple upgrade, and song crafters works like a dream now on Safari. Taken a while, and is a general pain in the arse - but alls good now! There is a further upgrade available - so may go the whole hog, although now its all working again, tempted to leave it well alone :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

bruno

So, everything was working. But now, the player seems to keep restarting tunes - normally a couple of minutes in. The HTML does it mainly, but it has happened with the flash player - anyone else experiencing these issues?
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600