Just Before Sunrise

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, July 28, 2016, 08:59:26 AM

Just Before Sunrise
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all, sorry been missing for a while, I've been laid a bit low with (in more ways than one) with a bad back, I have three or four prolapsed vertebrae which play up every so often. Anyway I've had some treatment and they are ok again for about 8-10 months then off we go again.
I put a few chords together and some rather banal lyrics and rather than throw it in the bin I thought I'd better post something just to keep my hand in. Rather simplistic but I hope you enjoy.    Willie

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you
I was watching the starlight on your hair
Now that you're awake can I hold you
Just before sunrise can we make love.

I didn't think that you would ever want me
I'm just an ordinary guy
But I thank god that we're together now
Just before sunrise can we make love

Can't tell you how much I love you
Can't tell you I love you so much

Inst

Now that you're awake can I hold you
Just before sunrise can we make love.

Outro

recorder
Boss BR-800

Groundy

Brilliant Willie,
One of your best yet.....imo
Well done pal...

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Black Mary

Hi Willy.
Hope you're ok now. You know you're getting old when your back goes out more times than you  :'(
Seriously tho, this is a great song. It's so soothing & the production is spot on. Especially like the guitar. It's perfect in every way. Cheers.
BM
kingliggermusic

Blooby

So sorry to hear about your back. I don't know what you channeled into this tune, but you really knocked it out of the park. The stark (yet huge) production works so well with these lyrics. You make it sound almost like a tosser in the description and yet it's anything but...

That was bloody marvelous.

Downloaded.

Blooby

Redler

I hope your back is better, soon!

Beautiful ballad and with keys this sounds to a classic pop song from the 80's! Peaceful and enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Hey Willie, been a while since I've heard a post of yours - Still pro and tight as always. Sorry about your back, hope your treatment keeps well!

Great tune!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Johnny Robbo

Great work, Willie... love that restful keyboard wash in the background. As ever, your skills as a wordsmith shine through - great lyric, mate. Sorry to hear about your back - as someone who's had the odd touch of sciatica, I know how debilitating back pain can be. Glad to hear you're on the mend, mate.
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Hook

To use my favorite "willieism", checks  all the right boxes for me!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ella

Very nice! Beautiful guitar-sound and Words!

leighelse

Thanks for sharing this Willie. The words are lovely, and you have a rounded sound that doesn't need fancy frills. The guitar is great, and your vocals have a delicious graininess that contrasts nicely with the lush backing.

You took me on a nice ride here. I want to hear more.
Dueling BR1600s. Beats banjos.