GAS is a disease!

Started by Hook, July 11, 2016, 03:34:44 PM

Blooby

Quote from: Hook on August 04, 2016, 08:24:32 AMI should stop by guitar center on the way home after my gig and get some pics and strings ::) :-\ :'(

Yes, that how it begins. I was actually doing a return the day I found that Les Paul. Computer problems delayed the transaction, which caused me to stroll for a minute. Next thing I know...

Blooby

Hook

I'm just glad that expensive guitars, amps and such don't hold much appeal to me. I want the variety, that instrument I don't have...that instrument I've never even seen before.
I'm perfectly content with my mid-range guitars if it gives me the opportunity to buy all this cool used stuff.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

AndyR

I just loves me some guitars :)

I've got a kazoo, and some percussion stuff (and a couple of keyboards), but otherwise it's all guitars and basses here - they're the instruments I know how to use. I have tried other stuff over the years, and I have a permanent "must get a mandolin and a banjo" that I never get round to, but I always come back to that "hey!! look at THAT guitar, wow, that's different, I want..."

In many ways I envy how you seem to be able to grab any old cool thing and get tunes out of it. I'm kinda relieved it's only guitars for me though!

Anyhoo - my new one arrived: https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=25545.0

I'm gonna have to start selling some soon if I'm not careful :(
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

TPB

I stopped to look at a 12 string and brought a Variax home this is the third guitar since the wife said no more. Now I upgraded to windows 10 and can not get my PCR-300 Midi controller to work No drivers for it I wonder what is next
LOL Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Blooby

Quote from: TPB on August 04, 2016, 01:45:46 PMI stopped to look at a 12 string and brought a Variax home this is the third guitar since the wife said no more. Now I upgraded to windows 10 and can not get my PCR-300 Midi controller to work No drivers for it I wonder what is next
LOL Tim

This thread is the opposite of a support group.

kenny mac

My name is Kenny Mac and I'm addicted to buying Music instruments and recording equipment,,,,,,There Ive said it ;D

Hook

Hi Kenny, I'm Hook and I too have a problem with GAS. I think it's cool that you've been able identify and admit your problem, congratulations and welcome.
I would suggest celebrating this moment with a trip to your local music store and perhaps an hour or 2 of online browsing. Also some liquid or inhaled vices could make this monumental moment all the more special.
If you need ANY support, we might be here to covet your latest aquisition.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

fenderbender

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

=================
Me newly acquired Tele
A lot of bang for a few bucks
It's an Affinity -straight away you'd say no --
but the sound and twang from it is very powerful for a Squier.

picture upload sites
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hook

Oooohhhh!! I like that...purddy!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

Quote from: Hook on August 05, 2016, 04:15:04 AMHi Kenny, I'm Hook and I too have a problem with GAS. I think it's cool that you've been able identify and admit your problem, congratulations and welcome.
I would suggest celebrating this moment with a trip to your local music store and perhaps an hour or 2 of online browsing. Also some liquid or inhaled vices could make this monumental moment all the more special.
If you need ANY support, we might be here to covet your latest aquisition.
Rock on!

Lol I've seen something already I want,watch this space  ;D

Nice telecaster by the way.