GAS is a disease!

Started by Hook, July 11, 2016, 03:34:44 PM

Hook

I need absolutely nothing right now...I mean nothing! Yet I'm taking a trip to Richmond, VA on wed. To see a buddy for a few days and I've been scouring the local craigslist. I need to block craigslist from  my devices#

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Quote from: Hook on July 11, 2016, 03:34:44 PMI need absolutely nothing right now...I mean nothing! Yet I'm taking a trip to Richmond, VA on wed. To see a buddy for a few days and I've been scouring the local craigslist. I need to block craigslist from  my devices#
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I really can't go to music shops these days - I can't help myself! I can see myself in a theraphy class saying "Hi I'm Bruno and I'm a GAS'oholic" - blimmey, better stop now.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

The whole month has been bad, but today was the capper. Last day of Sweetwater's 36 month/same as cash event...

Hook

Thank you blooby, I feel better now!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Lurker

Sometimes when I get over to Blooby's house, he calls out several times for me to wait just a minute.  I hear a scrambling sound as though he's frantically trying to move things around.  When I finally get inside, I see patch cables strewn around the room.  Many are placed as though they were just connected to something small and rectangular.

I think that Blooby's hiding pedals from me now.  He doesn't want me to see the extent to which he has fallen prey to this malady called GAS.  I'm considering organizing an intervention.  Others have seen signs.  He disappears at odd hours to return with small parcels.  He needs help.  I'm not sure what to do.  Advice?

Hook

Quote from: Lurker on July 11, 2016, 07:49:47 PMI'm not sure what to do.  Advice?

Quit your job, spend some cash and light some fires!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Johnny Robbo

I'm beginning to think I might be ill! I don't know what's happened to me! My wife has just had a big-ish payout from her ex-employer as an out of court settlement for stuff they put her through (I could tell you more, but I'd have to kill you - they made her sign a gagging clause). Anyway... this is money that has to last until another job comes along, but she said "why don't we each treat ourselves to something?" She bought a new laptop for £250 & I was allowed to spend the same on a new guitar... couldn't find a single thing I wanted.

Strat? Got one already.

Tele? Got one already.

Les Paul? Got one already.

Acoustic? Used to have one & sold it 'cos it didn't get played.

Semi-acoustic? Used to have one & sold it 'cos it didn't get played.

New pedal? All the sounds I need are already there in the Tonelab.

In the end, I went to Cash Converters & bought a used netbook for £70 to use when I'm not near the office PC. No idea what I want to spend the rest on & I don't want to blow money for the sake of it so it'll just end up getting spent on a gas bill or similar.

Never thought I'd see the day when I turn down the chance of a new guitar. What IS wrong with me?  ??? ???
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Johnny Robbo

recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Hook

Here to help brother. I love my (Now my kids) little Epiphone Les Paul uke. Plays well, concert size w/ a pick up for $110. Put some Aquila  strings on it and your set. If concert feels too small try a tenor. I'll try to post a link later.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely