'Lighthouse Keeper' - A Greeny Monday Original

Started by Greeny, June 27, 2016, 08:43:31 AM

Greeny

01_TIM GREEN_Lighthouse Keeper
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Acoustic guitar, Fender Precision bass, & vocals, plus Garageband drums & piano, and Thumbjam mellotron strings & flute.

All recorded and mixed on the MBR.

Farrell Jackson

Well done Tim! The mellotron sounds great and the lyric is creative with the comparison of the lonely life of a lighthouse keeper to someone struggling to hang on to his love. The song's dynamics, as instruments come and go, are exceptional as well.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Kenny B

Been a while since I enjoyed a Greeny Monday on a Monday ...

Another Wonderful song ... Nice!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

That bass is super sweet, just bouncing out at me while driving. Nice tune, I dig the mellotron also.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

SwanSong

Hi Tim seems awhile since I last heard u . great song going on here
has that texture of the Moody Blues so well done n constructed
a marvelous listen super vocals Cheers Neil !!

Redler

This is ear candy!!

Liked the instrumentation, you've put everything well together! Enjoyable listening again!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

wonderful tim, intro had shades of hotel california , beautiful and melancholic at the same time. i am currently in a deep depression as a result of the Brexit and this song fits my mood perfectly we need a lighthouse now.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Groundy

Absolutely fantastic, Tim, You're a Star......

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Flash Harry

Smashing Tim, the garage band drums are so much better than the MBR and bring a natural feel to the percussion, the guitar is so sweet in my left ear, lovely levels, the recording is so good. The bass is fab, and the arrangement is fantastic.

I love the lyric, your usual elliptical lob of images mashing up two at a time, it's magical.

Love, love, love it.

And James is right, it has that beautiful melancholia that suits these angst-ridden times.

An anthem and an allegory for our times
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Johnny Robbo

I'm a sucker for a bit of mellotron... it adds beautifully to this song. I agree with James on the Eagles comparison. Not only have you written yet another belter, but your orchestration is perfect... no other word for it!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk