Innocent Lover - Kenny mac with guest Bassman

Started by Flash Harry, June 23, 2016, 05:18:29 AM

Flash Harry

Innocent Lover 128Kb
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Kenny introduced me to this song of his when I met him with SE and ORH in Glasgow late last year, we did a live version at the time I think.

Anyway I got this in my inbox the other day, a bit funked up from the one we did earlier, with a request from Kenny for a bit of bass which I was happy to supply. I also stuck a bit of guitar on it at the end which wasn't asked for...

This is 99% Kenny Mac and 1% happy accident.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Hook

Very cool very cool, I really did. Baseline. Funky goodness all the way around. Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Groundy

Brilliant,
So well performed, love the Vox,
And top class bass,
Well done to you both....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

tonyc

great funky sound great vocal the whole song is brill.........love it .........tonyc
recorder
Zoom HD16

cuthbert

Now that is some funky goodness right there - super collab, guys! I liked the guitar at the end, too - sounded like it could have come off of a 'Low' session.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Johnny Robbo

Excellent work, chaps!  It has a bit of a "Squeeze" vibe to it, but funkier. Great song... Any of the songs I hear on this site every day (including this one) could easily be a pro recording getting airplay on the radio. I'm always blown away by the talent on Songcrafters! Bravo, chaps!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Redler

Brilliant songwriting with cool funky feel! Well done guys!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

This is the third song I've heard on here today, and they've all been bloody awesome. What's going on?!

Fantastic choppy funk. Really dig the contrast between the upbeat feel with the slightly dark edge on the minor chords. The performances are amazing, and the bass is killer (of course).

Really love the chords in this. Right up my street.

SwanSong

This song is a work of art . so well painted and constructed
marvelous vocals as always u 2 did a marvelous job all in all
loved the guitar also . keep rocking Cheers NEIL !

Blooby

Really fine bass additions to a cool track. Kenny has just been killing it on vocals, especially lately, and the bass playing has some really nice movement to it. I really dig this.

As for the outro guitar, what the heck reverb was that? I want it. Very ballsy yet appropriate decision on that.

Blooby