beautiful land by jemima's kite

Started by Oldrottenhead, April 22, 2009, 12:00:12 PM

Greeny

I just realised there's a lot of new people on here who won't know who (or what) Jemima's Kite is.

It's (currently) a virtual band comprising oldrottenhead, Flash Harry and myself. It tends to be that I write the music and play the guitars, ORH writes the vocal and lyrics, and Flash adds bass and a dash of keys here and there. But we've been mixing that formula up a bit recently, so anything can happen.

We've done one complete album, and this is part of the second one  :)

The Reverend 48

I love the Harmonies on the vox this is really good
Also love the cascading bass following the guitar......

Migs

Quote from: Greeny on April 23, 2009, 01:27:08 AMI just realised there's a lot of new people on here who won't know who (or what) Jemima's Kite is.

Thanks for the explanation.  Tis brilliant stuff.  Is all of album one stuff together somewhere or does it require searching ?
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Flash Harry

Quote from: Migs on April 23, 2009, 09:29:12 AMIs all of album one stuff together somewhere or does it require searching ?

It can be found at http://www.soundclick.com/jemimaskite
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

visiblemember

QuoteI just realised there's a lot of new people on here who won't know who (or what) Jemima's Kite is.

It's (currently) a virtual band comprising oldrottenhead, Flash Harry and myself. It tends to be that I write the music and play the guitars, ORH writes the vocal and lyrics, and Flash adds bass and a dash of keys here and there. But we've been mixing that formula up a bit recently, so anything can happen.
Is this a fanwankingtastic world or what? I totally agree with putting music together this way. We take advantage of this bandwidth and make it our way to really bind organically. Laugh, but us peoples are whats keepin it from binging 2 predickable. Not to keep the world guessing, but to keep us thinking and making a real
 effort to connect. I'm not being too abstract. I'm being. Thom
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Jim1970

Another song for my MP3 player.
Great Dreamy vocals and playing as usual.

JIM from Jersey
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

dragonshade

WOW, chord changes in the beginning are Heavenly, and the vocal harmonies are beautiful guys.

Oldrottenhead

ok guys here is the tweaked version. all vocals completely redone and noises at endcut out. hope you like it think this is a done deal.
oops just realised i cant now post additions here will post as beautiful land tweaked in a mo
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Saijinn Maas

Glad you posted the link to this in the other thread. Looks like this was posted right before I joined here.

Love this so much. Nice all around. But your voice really makes this work really well!

T.C. Elliott

Cool. It's dream-like in effect but has a nice, clear guitar on it. I think the vocals should be up a real thin hair. Just enough to cut through a bit more. It's almost perfect where it's at. Definitely beautiful and definitely a keeper.

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London