Started by ODH, March 16, 2016, 03:27:15 AM

ODH

Celeriac Mash
Time:
0:00
Volume:
JazzFest (banner image missing)

Celeriac Mash.

Dave Brubeck's jazz was a surprisingly large influence on me, especially in the late 80's.  I think you can hear the influence here.

Except I don't recall there ever being a bassoon there...

Celeriac Mash
odh original
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hook

Damn brother, you just raised the bar...perhaps too much so. This is some real jazz you got going on and I totally love itm . That 5/4 is sweet and I love the bassoon and sax! Does this mean I can't kept on with my barely jazzesque tunes?  I was more of a Coltrane and Parker but I did enjoy me some Brubeck now and again. Great original jazz!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Groundy

Wow nick, What a great sound, This is Jazz,
Really Well done to you,
Lets have some more....Jazz On.......

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

chapperz66

This is brilliant, Nick.  A real Brubeckesque vibe - and the bassoon is an inspired addition.  Love the 5/4 timing and the piano is laid back and intimate but edgey at the same time.

Paul

Pine

Excellent! The real deal here Nick...and you have most definitely captured the Brubeck vibe. I always loved his laid back mixes and use of space. The bass in here is so cool..as are the piano touches. The bassoon is really creative and works like a charm. Wonderful groove and fine mix and production. bravo!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

Excellent stuff Nick,you have certainly got that jazz vibe down there mate.
A brilliant contribution to the jazz fest.

Mike_S

Great tune Nick... defo got that spirit of Brubeck in there. You got a great tune going on here. Got a lovely retro vibe too.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

bruno

WOW Nick - this is fantastic - one of my favourite pieces from you. This totally jumped out at me from the moment I pressed play. Brilliant. Loved the lazy piano outro - this ranks on my SC fav list. I to loved Brubeck, never directly, but he was always there - if you know what I mean. Take 5 on vinyl is stupendous!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Redler

Brilliant!!

I got Brubeck vibe! Well written and performed!

The bassoon sounds really jazzy! You've excellent job with rhtrhm track, too! Mellow!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR