Some Happiness By Bodiemusic, Stixman 545 and Oldrottenhead

Started by Bodiemusic, March 08, 2016, 07:43:29 PM

Some Happiness Final
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hello.. The Newbie bodie is back. Attached is my latest Collaboration with James Higgins, and Harry Bedford on drums..

the sun is shining down today
a cool and gentle breeze
softly touched my face
and all is good and all is well
and i feel happiness
way down inside
and i hope you can feel that too
and i wish for you some happiness
the clouds have drifted far away
and everything is clear
and once more i can see
and i can focus on what's real
and i find love
is all round me
and i hope you can find that too
and i wish for you some happiness
some happiness
music
Bodiemusic and Stixman 545
lyrics
oldrottenhead
guitars by Bodiemusic
drums by Stixman 545
Vocals by Oldrottenhead

thetworegs

Excellent track great all rounder from the drums to the vocal throughly enjoyed a great collab...

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Oldrottenhead

first time hearing this mix and i love it Bodie.

i have added the lyrics and stuff.

From what i know Bodie and Harold recorded a guitar and drum track live  and sent it to me for words/vocals. Then Bodie added slide and other stuff and mixed everything, I asked he leave in the spoken parts from when he and Harold did the live parts. Hopefully Bodie can elaborate on instrumentation and recording etc. Harold is also a member here "Stixman 545".

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

Excellent collaboration,it's great to hear some new people coming in with new stuff and even more so by collaborating with fellow songcrafters.
This song has an excellent feel to it,brilliant recording and some excellent playing there.
Nice one guys.

SE

Cool collab really nice live feel, loving the slide really adds to the overall feel, great stuff!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

Quote from: kenny mac on March 09, 2016, 03:43:54 AMExcellent collaboration,it's great to hear some new people coming in with new stuff and even more so by collaborating with fellow songcrafters.

Totally agree with, Kenny!

Very warm feel on the composition and James hits the target with his lyric and vocals - again.

As said, here's fine live feel... well done...and the real drums are icing on the cake!

Welcome to the site Bodie! I'm sure you're in the right place :)

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on March 09, 2016, 03:30:02 AMfirst time hearing this mix and i love it Bodie.

i have added the lyrics and stuff.

From what i know Bodie and Harold recorded a guitar and drum track live  and sent it to me for words/vocals. Then Bodie added slide and other stuff and mixed everything, I asked he leave in the spoken parts from when he and Harold did the live parts. Hopefully Bodie can elaborate on instrumentation and recording etc. Harold is also a member here "Stixman 545".

Yes when we get together Harry and I record drums and guitar live in the same room. Drums and guitar recorded with a Zoom R24 recorder.. A Zoom H4n is used for stereo drum overhead mic. It sits fairly low behind harry's head, I like to think that his noggin serves as a baffle enhancing the stereo image of the kit. The guitar is a Taylor GS Mini Hog with JJB Electronics 220 prestige dual piezo pickup system installed under bridge plate, it works very well thru a Bags Para DI. The captured tracks were copied to PC and mixed with Tracktion. A reverb bus was used and applied in various amounts to all tracks, some EQ and compression here and there to taste, and I like to drive a master limiter a bit on main output. The bass is a squire J-Bass direct in, and the Lap Steel is a Morel that I inherited from my father, I installed a Hot Rail humbucker pickup in it. A Boss ME-80 was used as DAW interface for the Lap Steel track.. The Boss works quite well as an interface for me. So that's it in a nutshell.

Farrell Jackson

Nicely done gentlemen! The lap steel adds a good vibe to the sound...heck all the tracks are great!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

some of you may realise that Bodie is not really a newbie. here is one of the first songs we did together back in 2008. Jings crivvens and help ma boab! 

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=778
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann