Groping in the Dark : By Topi and Oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, March 07, 2016, 02:01:55 PM

Oldrottenhead

groping in the dark take 2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Ella posted her son Topi's piano piece here https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=24861.0 i was quite moved by it and quickly wrote and recorded a lyric.

the first post had some distortion so Topi rerecorded it with some advice from Kari (i believe). so this version uses the 2nd recording, you can hear the foot pedals, which i love cos it confirms it's a real piano.  ;D

anyway, i re sang the lyrics i wrote, doing things a bit differently from my normal approach. firstly i used little or no effects and sang to a mono track, so a pretty exposed and naked voice, sort of in tune with the lyric, and i sang it in my more normal Scottish brogue  again as the lyric required a bit of authenticity.

god i do go on and can be a tad pretentious at times,  ::) ::) ::)

anyway "gaun yersel Topi" ;D ;D ;D
chance a fine thing
but a fire burns
I will strike the match
light the candle
to find the way
still groping in the dark
but I will see through
the mist and shadow
as we grow

take my hand
and come with me
together we are stronger
mistakes may happen
along the way
to go boldly
ever forward
we will see through
the mist and shadow
we will grow
we will see through
the mist and shadow
we will grow

chance a fine thing
but a fire burns
I will strike the match
light the candle
to find the way
still groping in the dark
Groping in the Dark (take 2)
music
by
Topi
Lyrics
by
Oldrottenhead
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ella

Thank You James! This is awesome! I´m sorry you had to throw your family out because of this. ;D
Your version is very touching. The melody, words and the way you sing. Perfect!
It is true that Kari got the idea to send this tune to SC and helped us to do it. We taped BR inside my old Swedish piano. I think first recording was not so good because BR hit the metal-parts inside the piano. Second was much better. It was good thing you noticed that fault.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Nothing beats the sound of a real piano, especially when it's so well-played like this one. And the lyrics seem perfect for the song - it's all very beautiful. Congrats, Topi and James!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

danieldesete

What a fabulous song, really stirring... I love it when those collab songs come to life on this unique site...

Daniel
hou hou ha ha

Redler

I woke up early and enjoy this at my morning coffee!

Marvelous performance! The touching lyric fits nicely with the feel of Topi's composition!

I totally agree with Daniel! This is unique site in many ways!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Just beautiful, outstanding piano playing....Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Johnny Robbo

I remember this one & I would have sworn that I commented on it first time around... apparently not. Sorry I didn't tell you back then how magical this is. A beautiful collab. Just gorgeous!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk