"Will I Be" a Hook original

Started by Hook, January 18, 2016, 07:13:09 AM

Hook

Will I Be
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Wrote & started this Saturday morning and put it together little by little. Finished the lyric and added vocal , mixed & mastered this morning. All done on BR80, this is the new Ibanez acoustic bass on this one.
Will I Be
written & performed by Hook
When all isn't even enough
And everything shatters into a million pieces
Will I be left alone
Will I be free

When faith just becomes a veil
And hope is exposed as just another ploy
Will I be left alone
Will I be free
Will I be overwhelmed with responsibility
Will I be free

When times ceases to surprise
And meaning escapes all reality
Will I be left alone
Will I be free

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Super thick sound on that bass, sounds super cool brother. Very nice tune.
Rock On.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

That is a dense mix, my friend.  All sorts of little gems going on in there. I'm liking the (I think) trilling on the electric quite a bit.

Good tune.  This would have been equally at home on just acoustic. Man, you can really hear that bass during the solo break. Nice.

Blooby

Groundy

This is a cracker, So good,
The bass sounds brilliant..
Well done.....
I'm Hooked....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Ted

I love the theme of this song. Sometimes I wonder what immortality would really be like. I think I'd eventually get bored – after 200 years or so. I'm a late starter in many things, so I might be accomplish by age 200 what a highly productive person can do in 70 or so years.

Quote from: Hook on January 18, 2016, 07:13:09 AMAnd hope is exposed as just another ploy

I'm with you. Hope without purpose is living for the sake of living – an insufficient reason. (See my cynical-optimistic comments on ORH's recent song, Dream On.)

That bass booms! Pretty good for your first recording on a new bass. As primarily a bass player, I can say I still don't know what I'm doing when I mix, EQ, and tweak the bass. Getting the tone right on my Michael Kelly acoustic bass is a project I'm working on for 10 years now. And when I'm satisfied with it, sometimes I can't remember what I did.

Blackout Bump - week of 16 January, 2016

Not sucking up to you, Hook. I want to spread the bumps around to folks who are active on the site, but some weeks there is just nobody else to bump. Luckily, gems abound.

Edit: 30 minutes after listening to this, when it was the last song I'd heard, Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight" was running through my head. WTF?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

by golly I am sucking up!  lol... I thought this was a new song...
glad it got bumped...

believe it or not the music, way down inside reminds me of the tones in the very early Rush albums... I think it might be that bass.. that alone is enough for me also.
doesn't matter.. just glad I got to hear this monster.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner