Clouds - Deific Dave and Kenny Mac

Started by DeificDave, January 15, 2016, 03:02:41 PM

DeificDave

clouds
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Good evening all!

It's been quite some time since I posted a new song, so much has been happening but that's another story. It's great to see so much activity and variety of music on the site.

I started this song months ago but have only just got round to finishing it, well as finished as I can get it!
I started off wanting to do something quite chilled and dreamlike and come up with the main riff, it then dawned on me it wasn't in a typical time signature but it felt right so I kept it that way!

I asked Kenny if he could add a vocal to it and suggested it would suit a Bowie style vocal, again this was done some time ago, well before the sad news of his passing, we both felt the song needed something else, tried a few things, gave up for a while, then tried a Viola in thumbjam, again left it feeling frustrated that it wasn't quite right. Finally gave in and decided to try and make something of the TJ viola parts.

Overall I quite like the track but question some of the things I did, like the high E dissonant part during the solo, it felt so right while I was playing it but not sure it works when I listen back but I kind of like that it's unusual sounding!

All that said, Kenny delivered a fantastic vocal and it would never have gotten this far without his input, thanks again Kenny.

My tracks were recorded on BR800
Drums and bass – GarageBand
Violas done on TumbJam
I play the guitars
Vocals and lyrics by Kenny Mac – added on his home studio
Final tinkering was done in audacity
Cheers Dave

"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

Groundy

What a great track,
I love it when the viola comes in...
and as always great vox Kenny.....
Its a hit for me brilliant collab.....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Superb collab, Dave and Kenny! Well written and performed! The TJ strings gives a peaceful feel to this!

The song has a nice 80's feel, imo! Well done!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenneth

Yikes! This is brilliant , really love it. Dont question it Dave, it works well. Kenny those vocals are perfect. Very good song guys.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

kenny mac

Thanks guys,it was good to get Dave back in on the site as I know he's had a busy time of late so onwards and upwards this year Dave  ;D

Bluesberry

Yup, absolutely stellar guys.  Great track all around.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

I am stunned by this. That's all I can say for right now.

Oldrottenhead

nice one guys, great to see you back dave.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Very cool tune my brothers, love the track Dave & Kenny you are the collaboration king!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

A fabulous piece guys, this really does deserve air play. I was drawn in and captivated from the first note.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800