Main Menu

Raging Fire

Started by Bluesberry, January 04, 2016, 06:21:44 PM

SwanSong

Glad to have heard this . I loved the chord progression on the song
and effect changing chords. that sliding sound. great vocals smooth
lyrics a wonderful listen Cheers Neil !

Blooby

Beautiful. Just the notion of writing a song with your son makes this special, and then you crank out a cracker to boot. Mighty fine acoustic playing. I'm just in awe of what's going on in there. Humor me and check out Ryley Walker. I get the feeling you will dig him.

Wonderful.

Blooby

kenny mac

This is very special ,your playing is outstanding, you are a brilliant player.
and the lyrics are brilliant,you must have been so proud reading them.
congratulations to you both on an excellent song.

Bluesberry

Quote from: Blooby on January 16, 2016, 05:03:27 PMHumor me and check out Ryley Walker. I get the feeling you will dig him.
Oh my God Blooby.....................Ryley Walker........thats the deal......I love that way of playing so much.......this guy is like the holy grail and he is still so young.  I see he plays a lot of open tunings, his fingerings are so open and fluid.....damn thats hard to play like that...........Thanks for the heads up, seriously, I have a new favourite guitarist.

I am definately not doing anything as complicated as that cat.  I am in standard tuning and mostly holding chord shapes and hitting the bass note with my thumb, fingerstyle playing (no pick).  I am working on the fingerstyle type of playing for a while now, its a work in progress for sure.  I appreciate all the great comments on my guitar playing, this one worked out pretty good.  I love the sound of fingerstyle acoustic guitar, its probably my favourite style of guitar to listen to and try to play.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jarle

Excellent song and lyrics. Great collab. Fabulous guitar.
recorder
Boss BR-800

SE

That's  some collab worked out so well, really nice lyrics, love the vox too, the acoustic play  just sells it me what a great sound, great job to  you both!
recorder
Boss BR-80

StephenM

wow....to be so young and to have this kind of accurate view of things.... while its amazing it is too bad that one must lose their innocence so young....
this is a great, great song...and the acoustic guitar work is fantastic....just wondering why you don't write or record any more often???????  Even if you just play your guitar, that is quite good.... glad I came for a listen....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pine

I missed this one Dave. Maybe one of your very best. The poetry is top shelf and your playing is brilliant. Vocals on target and deliver the emotion of the lyrics perfectly. Loved this one!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Bluesberry

Quote from: StephenM on January 02, 2021, 12:00:43 AMjust wondering why you don't write or record any more often??????? 

Thanks for the bump fellas...its been a a while since I wrote/played/recorded anything and posted it up.  I kinda fell into a hole there for a while, its a hard go at life sometimes......but I am comming back around...Thanks for the great comments...I need to get practicing...I am kinda suprised myself at how good this one worked out..I haven't listened to it for a while....like I said, I need to get practicing to be able tp play like this again....you made my day lads.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80