Raging Fire

Started by Bluesberry, January 04, 2016, 06:21:44 PM

Bluesberry

Raging Fire
Time:
0:00
Volume:
WorldPeaceFest (banner image missing)

This one is for the Peace Fest.  Bit of an interesting story to this song.......

A little while ago I was looking on my IPad.  I have an App that I write song lyrics in.  I was looking at this app and i discovered that my son had written out the lyrics for a complete song.  I was surprised to find this and when I read the lyrics I realized that it was very good.  I told him that I would take his lyrics and write a song.  So that was my challenge.  I set about finding music to go, playing it on my acoustic.  I had to edit it a tiny bit, a word here and there, to make it easier to sing and fit into the music I came up with.  It is pretty much Keith's lyrics, as he wrote them (pretty damn good for a 13 year old I must say)

I haven't been recording or writing songs for a while so I needed to go easy with this one, or I would not get it finished.  I decided to stick to basic acoustic for the most part.  I recorded my acoustic with the IRig Acoustic in one take (after practicing it for a while) into a stereo track.  I then added some electric guitar (strat) for flavouring to another couple of tracks.  Then I recorded the vocals last night.  Added the intro soundscape section tonight and it is done.  If I tried to get any fancier it wouldn't have gotten done probably.  I didn't have the gumption to mess around with drums and bass and all that other stuff.  I just needed to get something recorded again to break the log jam.  It is good timing that we are now having a Peace Fest as this one fits into that nicely and allows me to get one in for a festival again, its been a while for that too.  

Raging Fire
Lyrics : Keith Berry
Music/vocals : Dave Berry
Acoustic Guitar / Strat / IPad Synths and apps for the intro
The fires now are burning
from here out east they rise
the tables have been turning
we fear for our demise.
Chaos now is daily
many have all fled
rebellion cries are failing
the streets are turning red

CH: Riots in the streets
tensions are now higher
better use those feet
or get lost within the fire

Bullets fly like birds in the sky
ashes fall like rain
God knows his people try
he sees us in all our pain
But it seems he has left us
we are forced to live this hell
in the streets the cry for justice
The high castle it's war they sell

CH

As our world is crumbling
as our dreams come crashing down
in the end I'll find you
one day we'll be safe and sound
After all the suffering
after all our broken desires
we"ll finally get our reward
and escape this raging fire

Riots in the streets
tensions are now higher
better use those feet
or get lost within the fire

Riots in the streets
tensions can't be higher
we better get us some peace
or be lost within the fire

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Hot damnaliciousness, that's some sweet ass song my brother. This might be my favorite tune from you. What perfect picking and your vocal is just perfectly placed in your sweet spot. Fine lyrics too, ain't it dandy when our kids show a little depth!
Good to hear from you Dave, seems like your getting along fine with the irig
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

T.C. Elliott

What a great collaboration. I really like the sound of that acoustic. And the playing is great. That's a very good sound you've got going on. I think you did it right by keeping it fairly simple. Your vocals are a little raspy which also lends itself well to both the lyric and the feel of the music. I'm glad the log jam is moving. Now keep em coming.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

BillW

I love this. You and your son are amazing. That's all I can say. Peace!
"The planet does not need more successful people. The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers and lovers of all kinds." 
~ Dalai Lama

Groundy

Dave, This is fantastic, so well recorded and performed...
And a huge well done to Keith, Take a Bow,

Alex 

%)!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Excellent collab, Dave & Keith! Fine job with lyric and the composition is just great! Stunning playing and singing, too.

I agree with T.C; the sound of your guitar is so good!

It's fine to hear new music from you!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hi Dave, great to hear something new from you, and a really good song to come back with. The acoustic sounds really nice, I must look into this iRig stuff. What tuning did you use or was it played straight?
Perceptive lyrics, a winner for me.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

FMGWABP great song and absolutely excellent guitar playing. bloody magic BB.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

Take a bow BB and son! As many have mentioned, your acoustic sounds incredibly good so keep the IRig set up for future songs. Great words by your son and your acoustic playing is real tasty. Sometimes less is more as in this case....more than well done Dave!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Mike_S

I read the words earlier but didn't get a chance to listen.

Now i have my headphones on and i am going for another listen. Outstanding lyrics... and for a such a young lad... brilliant. You have added colour very nicely with the acoustic and gave it a great melody. Very moving track guys!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand