Pivot Point - Mike Huntingford/Bruno collab

Started by bruno, December 26, 2015, 10:08:15 AM

bruno

Pivot Point
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Well I saw Mike's open invitation for a collab today, and totally loved the track. I could listen to this all day without my musings. Unfortunately my Jazz playing is limited but I simply couldn't resist having a go. Mike - I hope you don't hate it too much. I just added some guitar to this https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=24298.0
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Groundy

Sounding good Bruno...

Well done .........Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Mike_S

Sounds great Bruno... I think you got those jazz runs down great. A great tune all in all guys, super stuff.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mike Huntingford

Bruno I really like your guitar adds.  Do you have the guitar only track?  I'd like to mix it into my master.

Liking this a lot.  Nice work. Very jazzy.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

bruno

Hi Mike, yes I've got the tracks. Need to take them off the BR1600, export them as WAV's. NB hopefully the tracks will sync up time wise, the original base track was an MP3 and sometimes the conversion causes issues with the track start point. Will try and get this sorted today - will post the WAV's up onto cloud storage and then PM you the links for download. Hopefully everything should sync up.

I really enjoyed doing this track. The guitars were recorded DI'd via the Kemper using the 5150 amp profile, using the Music Man Luke, all balanced carefully on the bed (Mum is down for xmas, so studio is dismantled at the mo.) I got me out of having to watch 'Gone with the Wind' :-)

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

Great playing, really nice tune. I love Gone With The Wind.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

leighelse

What a nice breezy little number: well written.

I like the guitar too. If I were throwing guitar on this I'd probably have overloaded the amp input a little less because that's the sort of solo I'm used to hearing on a track like this, but what you've done works well. Another preconception blown!

::Leigh
Dueling BR1600s. Beats banjos.

kenny mac

brilliant playing there guys ,the guitar additions are fantastic.
well done to all.

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: bruno on December 27, 2015, 02:45:27 AMHi Mike, yes I've got the tracks. Need to take them off the BR1600, export them as WAV's. NB hopefully the tracks will sync up time wise, the original base track was an MP3 and sometimes the conversion causes issues with the track start point. Will try and get this sorted today - will post the WAV's up onto cloud storage and then PM you the links for download. Hopefully everything should sync up.

I really enjoyed doing this track. The guitars were recorded DI'd via the Kemper using the 5150 amp profile, using the Music Man Luke, all balanced carefully on the bed (Mum is down for xmas, so studio is dismantled at the mo.) I got me out of having to watch 'Gone with the Wind' :-)

B

That's great Bruno - I look forward to receiving the email.  Hope you have great holiday!

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Mike Huntingford

Hey Bruno,

Thanks for sending me your tracks... I decided, hope you don't mind, to only include your fantastic lead.  I did a little audio work on the track (brighten, widen, little delay) and I think it sits nicely in the mix with a commanding but not overpowering position in the track.

This definitely makes the song... your unstructured playing is fantastic... IMHO

Anyway, here is the location.

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=214325

Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper