Greetings from New Zealand

Started by leighelse, December 21, 2015, 05:47:03 PM

leighelse

Hello folks,

I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of days - gosh, there's some talent here!

I thought it's only polite to introduce myself. I've been writing songs since I was about ten (am I allowed to admit that's now fifty years ago?), and recording them since I got my first Thorn 4218 sound-on-sound reel recorder in 1969. Along the way I've recorded in analogue studios, and latterly with DAWs ... but over the last few years it's seemed that every improvement in my DAW environment has been accompanied by a corresponding drop in productivity. So a few weeks ago I bought a pre-loved BOSS BR1600 Mk II on eBay.

I've not yet fired up the BR1600 in anger, but I'm eager! First though, I have some serious work projects to get out of the way (I'm a software developer) and, uuhh ... it's Christmas as well.

There's some of my older solo stuff on Bandcamp (be aware I'm a songwriter not a singer). I also have a folio of more recent work which is largely incomplete: I'm looking forward to reworking it with the BR1600 and posting the results. I see a few threads about collaborations here too: that excites me.

Looking forward to reading and hearing more from you all.

::Leigh

Dueling BR1600s. Beats banjos.

cuthbert

Welcome Leigh, from the the sunny shores of Maine, USA. Looking forward to hearing more from you!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bluesberry

Welcome from Eastern Canada Leigh.  Very glad you found us.  You are going to love the BR-1600, I have a BR-1200 and once you get used to it it is very easy and intuitive, lots of good old fashioned sliders and knobs, great recording interface. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Welcome from Tampa, Fl. This is a great place to find help and inspiration.
I listened to a bunch of your songs, I really dig Bones & Vinegar among others. You seem quite talented , I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Remember it's a community so listen and comment and you'll have people listening and commenting on your songs. I look forward to seeing and hearing how you get on with the 1600.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Groundy

Welcome Leigh from Bonny Scotland, Spent some time in New Zealand, I have a son in Tauranga.
looking forward to hearing your Music......

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

SE

Another welcome from Scotland hope to here some of your work soon!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Redler

Welcome from Finland! I'm sure you're in the right place :) .
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

welcome from scotland, my wife lived in new zealand for a few years in a place called lower hut near wellington.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Welcome from Norway as well !!

I listened to some of your stuff at Bandcamp and I'm impressed !! I really like your style !!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

alfstone

Ciao and welcome from Palermo, Sicily  :)

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra