Homemade Pop Filter for the Micro BR

Started by Ted, April 15, 2009, 01:19:54 PM

Ted

Since so many people in the forum seem to prefer the built-in microphone, I thought some might want to see this homemade pop filter I made.

Parts:
  • Plastic Container
  • Pantyhose

Tools:
  • Knife
  • Hot Glue Gun (to stick the lid on permanently)
  • Paper punch
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

BossMicroBRew

Hey! Nice post. I did the same thing for my external, but used pantyhose, a wire coat hanger, a rubber band, and some duct tape; a real professional job. I saw a pop filter the other day for $30 and thought: "Are you kidding me?!" I'll try to post a pic of mine later.

If I can get the pics to load, I'm real interested in what you did with the BR mic.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Bro

I cant see the pictures :( Anyone have a idea what to do?
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Ted

Quote from: 0jimihendrix0 on April 15, 2009, 02:00:39 PMI cant see the pictures :( Anyone have a idea what to do?

I had trouble uploading the images to the forum (it said 0 KB).  I uploaded them to my Web site and now they ought to work.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

BossMicroBRew

Ah, there they go. Maybe there was a server delay or something. Who knows. BTW, awesome idea!

Davo

Cool idea!  If boss released a version of this it would cost 30 bucks!
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Migs

Quote from: Davo on April 15, 2009, 08:07:04 PMCool idea!  If boss released a version of this it would cost 30 bucks!
And come with a warning that use of a non-Boss pop filter may damage your unit and will void the warranty.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Geir

Quote from: Migs on April 15, 2009, 08:37:36 PM
Quote from: Davo on April 15, 2009, 08:07:04 PMCool idea!  If boss released a version of this it would cost 30 bucks!
And come with a warning that use of a non-Boss pop filter may damage your unit and will void the warranty.
LOL .....

Great idea, the pop-filter, I think I'll have to make one of those!! Thanx!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

BossMicroBRew

Not only does the MicroBR facilitate musical inspiration, it also stimulates breakthrough engineering prototypes.

Tony

I just finished reading the autobiography of Ikutaro Kakehashi, the guy who started Roland, and who we all owe a big thank you, and the lesson is that you think it it up, build it and see if it will fly. His engineering skills were fairly advanced but the spirit of invention cannot be repressed.