"Until" By TheHitman

Started by thehitman, November 26, 2015, 12:14:36 AM

thehitman

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on November 26, 2015, 11:19:33 AMA most excellent recording and playing! I'm not familiar with this ten string guitar but the song is a wonderful layering of sounds. I'm assuming it's 10 individual strings but not like a 12 or 8 string configuration? Well done!

Farrell
thanks farrell. yes, 10 individual strings. 5 bass strings tuned in 5ths and 5 melody strings tuned in 4ths. the tuning is E, A, D, G, C (highest to lowest) on the bass side and F#, B, E, A, D (lowest to highest) on the melody side. so the left hand plays the bass strings and right with the melody, sort of like a piano. the largest strings being in the middle and the smallest strings being on each end. so 2 parts can be played independently at the same time, and 2 different tones can be used because each side has it's own pickup and there's 2 separate outputs.

Quote from: thetworegs on November 26, 2015, 12:32:34 PMHi that was quite a trip.... Loved it sounds Fab! ....was the u87 clone made from a kit or already complete

thanks thetworegs. i purchased a brand new Golden Age FC1 and sent it to John Bonnell for modification http://www.johnbonnellmicmods.com/

Quote from: Jarle on November 26, 2015, 01:19:49 PMThis sounds really good, interesting and captivating piece of music.
i like how you describe it as captivating. thanks Jarle!

Quote from: Mike_S on November 26, 2015, 01:48:34 PMInteresting melodies. Trying to think what it reminds me of... maybe Porcupine Tree? Very proggy, but modern too. Very cool. You get some great sounds from your gear.

Cheers
Mike

thanks Mike. i'm not familiar at all with porcupine tree, but i know they are pretty good. i grew up on a lot of prog, king crimson was my fav. that's how i learned of the chapman stick.

Quote from: Groundy on November 26, 2015, 11:52:29 PMBrilliant Recording, So-Pro......

Well done......

Alex    %)! %)! %)! %)!
i appreciate it, thanks groundy

also, i'm grateful for everyone who everyone who takes the time to listen to my music and respond. i'm glad people like it.

thehitman

Quote from: Mike_S on November 26, 2015, 01:48:34 PMInteresting melodies. Trying to think what it reminds me of... maybe Porcupine Tree? Very proggy, but modern too. Very cool. You get some great sounds from your gear.

Cheers
Mike
also, it's ironic but i have the worst guitar amp. it's a Crate Stealth 50. probably the brightest and most brittle sounding tube amp known to mankind. i'll probably try to get a Fender Hot Rod combo amp when i have the money. in the meantime, i do a lot of tracking both direct and through the amp. some tones just sound better through the amp and some tones are easier to get with amp plugins. i kind of like the softube amp sims and the waves amp sims. i also have found that the nomad factory stuff is nice too, but i haven't used their plugs in any of my songs yet.   

kenny mac

This sounds fantastic ,it just draws you in.
You really are a talented guy,also I love your recording of this track.
Bravo.