Smiled (and the angels looked on down) by ORH Produced by Geir

Started by Geir, November 18, 2015, 08:46:31 AM

Geir

ORH - Smiled (Prod Geir)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
ProducerFest (banner image missing)

Finally finished mixing this. Recorded a couple of weeks ago but was put on hold ...

Well this is quite different from Hooks version, I'm glad I didn't listen to his before I did mine :)

There some piano played on my M-audio oxygen 88 into a pianosound in Cubasis on the iPad. Brass sounds are also from Cubasis, as are the drums. Both played on either iPad pads or on my M-audio keystation mini 32. The double-bass is from iFretless bass. Vocal and guitar are ORH's own recordings.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

;D ;D ;D nearly missed this as I have been desperately trying to arrange some annual leave. I downloaded on my phone. Which takes me to another page so I hadn't read what you said. So I was surprised when the vocals began cos I expected to hear Geir  ;D ;D ;D
Cheers you have made a stressed out oldrottenhead a chilled out oldrottenhead.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

My word - that is great, it has a really good feel to it, almost Scottish holiday get-together feel - like the adverts that beckon us southerners to the delights and warmth of the Scottish culture.

Superb.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Listened to the other version at first...

Sounds very big!! It's a pleasure to hear how much can be done with producing!

Great song, brilliant producing...my brothers, too :)
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Wow Geir, What a production, just brilliant...
Well done ........

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

Outrageously excellent my brother! So very different from what I did with it and I love the direction you took it. Like Kari said it is very cool to see what can be done through production well done.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Listened to this earlier - super production on this, comes together amazingly well. Great job chaps.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600