show some love by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, November 14, 2015, 10:02:41 AM

Oldrottenhead

show some love
Time:
0:00
Volume:
last night i watched in utter disbelief at the events as they unfolded in France last night. i was lost for words. i have friends in Paris thankfully all where okay. on facebook lots of folk where posting sympathy etc but there was also a lot of venomous stuff posted too. i refrained from posting anything until i saw a post by super8 which i shared. it was
QuoteImagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
so rather than making my own comment i shared paul's.

anyway this morning i was putting new strings on my electro acoustic for next week's MET. and started strumming with the capo on the 7th fret. i think i might have stolen a riff from lambchop. anyway a very personal lyric which i hope will not offend too many people.

i will post the chords later for anyone wishing to produce it. tho i don't expect anyone to touch it with a bargepole.
update: here are the chords (capo on 7th fret)   A7  D9
and then  Fmaj7,   C,  Cmaj9. (bargepole prediction was correct i think  ;D ;D ;D)
anyway i digress. my thoughts and sympathies are with the people of Paris and the whole of France.
i'm lost for words, i can't believe it
but there it is right on my tv
the world's gone crazy the world's gone mad
and all because of some imaginary deity
now watch the righteous jerk their knees
around the world we watch our tvs
cos all our radios are out of tune
and everyone has their own solution
well mine is
show some love
don't need a god to make me good
and if you do there's something wrong with you
all life is precious not yours to take
not in the name of god not in the name of anyone
show some love
w/m
oldrottenhead
vox
and
electro acoustic unplugged
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Blooby

I'm always impressed how folks can compress their thoughts so succinctly without sounding pretentious.

As a concept, my anger is more people-directed. I think it must spills over from some of what I must deal with in the American public school system.

Blooby

IanR

We were feeling horror and disgust when we watched this on the telly too.

Its hard to know what emotions are appropriate because this is a phenomenon that no-one knows what to do with. 

If you report it, they escalate and if you don't they escalate. You can't catch these people because they self detonate.

They don't wear uniforms or do anything expected. Its not a war it is incitement.

Thanks Jim, you probably wrote the song I would have tried to write myself.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Nice unique sound, keep going with your direction.

Well done Jim, I found no words at all that could make sense of this horror. I think you managed to capture my thoughts quite succinctly.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800