'Desert Flower' - Greeny Monday Original

Started by Greeny, November 09, 2015, 07:27:34 AM

Greeny

02_TIM GREEN_Desert Flower_NEW
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Features my Tanglewood acoustic, bass and vocals, plus Garageband electric piano, organ and drums.

Three chords - D, G and A (been going through a phase recently of trying to use hardly any chords).

It came out sounding (to me) a bit like a Neil Diamond song. And I've always wanted to do that early sixties drum intro on a track.

All recorded on the MBR.

Redler

Although, here's just three chords, you made magic out of them! The vocal melodies are just fantastic!! Garage band additions puts a good flavor to this! Sweet Greeny monday!

ps. I took my guitar and played along a bit :)
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

tonyc

nice melody to this song great lyrics, and well recorded  ,   bostin    thumbs up .    tonyc
recorder
Zoom HD16

bruno

Listened to this earlier, several times - super story telling, great tune - I love this track, a very enjoyable Greeny monday ride.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Farrell Jackson

Hey Greeny you made good use of those three chords! The melody and harmonies gives this a cool, early 60's, folk vibe to my ears...well done!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

bloody magic lots going on for just three chords, i'd never have known.

as an aside, on your last visit "oop north" i think i introduced you to "robyn hitchcock" he has a desire to use as few chords as posibble and will often strum one chord continuously for inspiration. he claims to have written a few "one chorders".

anyway monday is not the same without some greens.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Super 8

Yep, it's got that '60s 'Diamond' vibe in spades. Top writing amigo. Three chords and 'the truth' (or a bag of lies!) that's all you need! PS: Purely going from that drum intro I thought it was going to be a cover version of 'Just Like Honey' by J&MC. I've not heard that for years. Had it on 12" vinyl 'back in the day'. It's a cool song. 

Groundy

Another hit for me Tim, As always,
Great song, well written,Played. and sung....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Jarle

This sounds really pro. Great vocal and harmonies.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

Very nice song brother, lots of Neil diamond inside. Scana song you sit around the piano bar everybody sings along with the chorus.Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely