"Waiting" (original)

Started by Geir, April 13, 2009, 05:02:45 PM

Geir

Quote from: Flash Harry on April 25, 2009, 02:02:41 PMOh man. It's like I've known this song all my life.
I was kinda afraid of that  :-\ ... well that is, that I was stealing it from someone/somewhere .... Well, if nobody has found from who yet, I guess I've stolen small enough pieces so that they won't notice  :)

Seriously! Thank you all for your kind comments, it really gives me a creative boost being here with you guys and gals ....

It is great, isn't it?... here I was at my cabin, in the evening I had a break, sat down on the chair mentioned in the song (and which you can hear squeaking at the end  :)), wrote a song, recorded it, posted it when I got home, and 15 minutes later this great guy up in Canada gives the first comment.

Gotta love that MBR!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Flash Harry

Geir, I wasn't inferring that you had stolen it from somewhere, there are only 12 notes, and there's a limited number of permutations to the order in which they can appear.

I meant that this just taps right into the very soul, it fits like a catalyst and triggers reactions with such ease. It feels like it's a part of my nature, of my personality, it slides right in there. It's fantastic.

If I thought you'd stolen it, I'd have said so. But I don't, so I won't.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

This is lovely, Geir. Simple but beautifully executed. It sounds a bit like 'Kings of Convenience' to me - kind of folky, but with a contemporary slant. Just brilliant!

Bluesberry

Thanks for the bump up guys, this is a really beautiful song.  Those harmonies are prefect Geir.  I really love to listen to this song.  A small slice of perfection.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Quote from: Flash Harry on April 27, 2009, 03:24:37 AMGeir, I wasn't inferring that you had stolen it from somewhere, there are only 12 notes, and there's a limited number of permutations to the order in which they can appear.

I meant that this just taps right into the very soul, it fits like a catalyst and triggers reactions with such ease. It feels like it's a part of my nature, of my personality, it slides right in there. It's fantastic.

If I thought you'd stolen it, I'd have said so. But I don't, so I won't.
No no .. I didn't think that, sometimes I am less then precise when writing English..  I  really appreciate your comments, it warms my heart to get such good feedback !!!
Quote from: Greeny on April 27, 2009, 05:12:37 AMThis is lovely, Geir. Simple but beautifully executed. It sounds a bit like 'Kings of Convenience' to me - kind of folky, but with a contemporary slant. Just brilliant!
Thank you, coming from a master in putting out brilliant songs that means a lot to me. It's also amazing how many Norwegian artist you people know of ..... I thought we were just a small outpost in the musical landscape!

Once again, thank you all!! And thanks to everyone who've listened to it on soundclick, pushing it up the "acoustic vocal" chart :D

Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Pedro

This is awesome stuff. You really captured a moment there!

Glenn Mitchell

Nice harmonies, good feel. some nice dynamics. Who needs drums or bass etc.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Geir

Another shameless OTD bump !! Already two years ... wow !!!!!!

One of my first complete songs that was written and recorded in one day because of the MBR ......

My voice has developed a bit since then I think, and thanks to this site I now get the St. Thomas comparison
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Rata-tat-tat

Geir... thanks for bumping this one. Man sure glad you did. This is great... your great.... you always were and always will be in my book.

V/R
Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

GianniC

Bravo Geir, you have always a lot of good and refined taste in making music
Gianni
My "Introduce yourself!"
My Facebook page
My ReverbNation page
My Salentu

"...Since the voice is the only music instrument created by God"