Techno Song by TheHitman on Touchstyle

Started by thehitman, October 06, 2015, 08:09:32 PM

thehitman

METERS DRY
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Thank you for all the comments and for taking the time to listen. for those of you curious about how i got the sounds, i made a completely dry version. this is 100% dry. no fx, no EQ, no compression. just the touchstyle guitar direct into the computer. same volumes and blend, but no drums. i did this just for laughs, and figured i'd share it. this should give an idea as to how i did this.

the swelling fx were done with a volume pedal and the pitch bend was just bending the strings. in the original version  the fx that were used the most were delay, phasor, spring reverb, and wah wah. almost all the fx were done with Waves stompbox fx from their guitar toolkit. there is some eq and some compression as is standard for a mix. i don't believe i used any guitar amp simulators. i did use Nomad Factory's Magma for thickening up some of the sounds. it was one of their guitar presets with a low pass filter, chorus and delay. listening to this, you should be able to get a sense that most of the tone is actually from the instrument. the phasor is what makes it sound so electronic.

Pipes

..Lovely depth of sound

Super on the headphones..

Inventive stuff

Thanks
Nick G

kenny mac

Wow,great technique you have there,it's very creative and the sounds you have put together are off the scale.
It's a great instrument but put together with your playing skills its a force to be enjoyed.
Well done.

SwanSong

thehitman

Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment on my song. this is a great community to share music with. people here are very interactive and positive. i look forward to listening to more of other people's music until i have something new to share.

Geir

Excellent !!!

I really enjoyed the stripped down version as well ! Thank you for posting that !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Blooby

Very cool post. Love sussing out how you approach mixing.

Cheers.

Blooby