She told me no

Started by Grahamsway, October 02, 2015, 08:52:45 AM

Grahamsway

She told me no
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi guys, Thought I'd  try a different beat with this one. No guitars this time, all keyboard played virtual instruments. Hope you like it.
Kind Regards Graham.

chapperz66

Another fine song from you, Graham. 

Your great voice can carry a variety of musical background styles.  A great listen.

Paul 

Farrell Jackson

This a very good song Graham! You have a top notch voice. To my ears your performance is perfect. I think a bit more bottom on the percussion would beef up the sound some and I could hear what I think is some overly aggressive compressor settings. I hear your vocal being pulled down too much in places (too high of a threshold setting and quick release) and some clicks in a few spots on the first words of some lines. Might be caused by too fast of an comp. attack setting. But that's just some technical nit picking....the real pleasure here is the overall song and your vocals. Nice work!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Greeny

Very solid song and performance. I'm hearing the compression(?) stretching the vocal a bit at the start of certain lines too. But doesn't detract from a great listen. Nice one.

Mike_S

Another solid bit of songwriting. Great vocal, really enjoyed it.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

Nice one Graham, You have a really good voice...
Well done......Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Enjoyable listening as always! Great voice, excellent song!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

sing?

What can I say the production and instrumentation is super and your voice .... and its also an excellent piece of writing.

Nick

Vanncad

Wow Graham - this has a bit of a Righteous Bros feeling to it.

Overall a really well written tune, and I agree with others - you got a great voice and show a lot of emotion in your vocals.
I was a little distracted by the rhythm effects though.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

tonyc

like this , great lyrics nice keyboards , love your voice , it reminds me of Gallagher and lyle, thumbs up ,bostin , tonyc
recorder
Zoom HD16