Main Menu

route 66

Started by tonyc, September 27, 2015, 12:14:29 PM

tonyc

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

dug this one out not to sure about it , its about 4yrs old few mistakes here and there , but tried to get the felling of being alone driving in the desert. hope you like it . thanks for your time.   tonyc
recorder
Zoom HD16

artokh74

the song was great. Kind of catchy minor-key folky rock which is just my thing. Good performance too.  The mix though was just, well, wrong to my ears. I really had to focus hard to hear what was happening behind the drums. Could be my due to my gear and old abused ears of course.:)  Would love to hear another mix of this.

Groundy

Nice one Tony,
When I saw this I thought it was the old Route 66 and had been posted in the wrong section :D
The voice could be a little louder, or the drums a little less, but apart from that, well done...

Alex :)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

ODH

Nice song.  I like that half-bar you put into the lines in the verse, gives an extra dimension.  Your voice is good for this.  I like the sparse arrangement, although I tend to agree the drums are a tad forward, seeing as it's been brought up.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hook

Yep i dig the tune but the drums are too high in the mix.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Yip. Nice tune, great vox. Agree with the comments about the drum mix.
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

Yeh great performance,the drums do interfere with your playing as there is a lot of good work going on there.
Nice vocal,captures the image.
Well done.

Geir

Great song Tony and the vocals are just excellent !!!

well done !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SwanSong

This is a great peice of music . hard driving vocals drums
guitar  well arranged . i dont know if u know the song
ROUTE 66 FROM THE 50S .  i believe CHUCK BERRY ?
GET YOUR KICKS ON ROUTE 66"

WELL this song is now the new classic Route 66 for this
decade . thanks for sharing wish u the best NEIL !!

Jarle

Great vocal and a cool song.
recorder
Boss BR-800