Real drums ????

Started by fenderbender, August 29, 2015, 06:28:42 PM

fenderbender

Anything that I have recorded over the last couple of years -Chordpulse is/has been my basic backer
drums and bass and maybe and imitation banjo /keyboards -
There are times I wish I had a real drummer or an alternative straight forward drum /bass  setup
That would not take up hours to program.
I  miss the kicks, fills,breaks and all the other things that a real drummer can add to a recording-As in playing live-
Just rambling I know -but I'm sure every guitar & bass player here feels the same
Just a thought for the day ;D ;D

Tommy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Groundy

I know what you mean Tommy, I haven't even mastered the drum section on my BR800..

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Lounging McCoy

Have you taken a look at the Kat KTMP1 Multipad?
http://www.amazon.com/Percussion-KTMP1-Electronic-Sound-Module/dp/B00FONJ658/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441027405&sr=8-1&keywords=kat+ktmp1&pebp=1441027411574&perid=1T6P0VNAA70FTHKQ9K9Z

I was going through the same thing.  I was using EZDrummer.  It sounded decent, but it was a nightmare to work with.

The Kat Multipad is very easy to use and comes with 50 different percussion sounds.  It sounds pretty good as well.  It's about the size of a dinner plate, which is good for me because I have no room for even a small electronic drum set.  If you listen to my song Apple Pie, that I posted in the Original Song section of the forum, you can hear it in action.

fenderbender

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hook

I have a Frankenstein E-kit but part of it is the Yamaha dd65. It's a full kit on a snare stand.
http://www.samash.com/yamaha-dd65-digital-drum-set-ydd65xxxx?cm_mmc=GoogleShopping-_-Drums-_-Channeladvisor-_-Yamaha+DD65+Digital+Drum+Set&utm_source=GSH&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=Channeladvisor&CAWELAID=1594709298&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=500002510000023659&cadevice=t&gclid=CMXT9sK01McCFUuRHwod7kgJ3A
 I now just have that up, it's fun and doesn't sound that bad at all in my opinion. I used them on my last post " the saddest show". They seem pretty expensive new, I got mine for $15 at a yard sale.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mike_S

Tommy,

The way i do drums on my stuff (sometimes its the best thing about it)... I know its no good to you unless you are used to using a computer in this way to record or put down tracks, but i will let u know anyway.

I do it on a Mac computer (i mac or Laptop), using either garageband or Logic pro app. Garageband is free with the mac. Basically the first thing i always do is put down a very basic drum track - no fills / cymbals or anything, at the right tempo. Then I put down my guitar track on top on a seperate track, or vocals or whatever else all on seperate tracks. Then when i am pretty much done, I will go back to the drum track on the computer and put in fills / cymbals and basically try to get it as much like as if it was drummer playing. To be honest sometimes i get lazy and do very little  :), but when i am getting into it i try to do it justice...!

Cheers
Mike

recorder
iPad GarageBand