Mr Bud... New; "WatchThe Rising Sun"

Started by MrBud, August 29, 2015, 12:54:30 PM

MrBud

The Rising Sun
Time:
0:00
Volume:
 Hey,,,I'm Awake...
Sometimes i think this mornings never gonna break...
[/lyrics]It's like,,Some Big mistake,
Sometimes i feel,,i never got away..
Take this timeTo celebrate love,
As you watch the rising sun.
One fine day,you may just find,
As you watch The Rising Sun.

I'm still awake...
Sometimes i feel it's more than i can take...
It's like,Some Big mistake.
The kind of feeling i'm always tryin to shake..

Take this time,to celebrate love,
As you watch the Rising Sun..
One fine day,you may just find,
As you watch the rising Sun...

Interlude...

One fine day,
You feel just fine.
As you watch the Rising Sun
The Rising Sun................................ :]
Up And Adam

Groundy

Nice one Mr B.
well written and played......
I think the voice sounds a bit distant, maybe my old ears.
But very well done......

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

bruno

Great tune - loved the melody. The vocals do sound distant, but I quite like that effect.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Grahamsway

Great song with good well worked out lyrics. Would have liked to hear your voice a little louder but that's just me. Anyway a brilliant post. Well done.

Johnny Robbo

Fantastic rootsy, retro vibe. I agree with the previous comments about the vocals being a bit low in the mix. Still... a great song, superbly performed. Bravo!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

MrBud

Thank's to all very much first off,,,
As for the voice/mix, i normally tried to record/mix songs similar to Mr.Jeff Lynn
in regards to him not using reverb too much, Keeping it clean/crisp until the final mix.Although i still to this day- have no form of EQ to utilize,thus,had to let this one sail as it was....[Too much reverb!] UGH Sorry...

I do know of Sound pro,Audacity, Etc...and if anyone knows how i might [in a simple fashion,as i'm from the 70's !]  bring the mp3 ,and run it through a good EQ, online,,, would be invaluable lesson for me.
Guilty,of rushing a bit,,,kinda like "Gotta use the potty NOW!" kinda of songwriting method..My personality i suppose,,Hope to learn more patience,use the brain,take my time,and consequently produce it right the 1st time....
[I'm a Spaz i guess at times!]

Any suggestions to clean up what i have now,as previous tracks gone..?
Think i captured the essence of the song,and not sure if i'd want to start from scratch again..?

Thank's for the feedback,,,Any input fully appreciated.
Have a great day you guys,,I hope to reach the caliber of production i often hear here on Songcrafters,,,,You guys got it SO clean,so often..Mr. Bud   [George]

Up And Adam

kenny mac

Great song there.
I'm a big Jeff Lynne fan so I can see where your coming from with the mix.
Nice one.

Ted

A cool rootsy song. I was about to comment on the reverb, but I see that has been covered.

I was thinking of "Morning Has Broken," the hymn by Eleanor Farjeon, popularized by Cat Stevens. I do love that song. But whereas "Morning" is more, "Let us all stand slack jawed at the beauty of God's creation," your song aligns more with my secular today-is-all-we-have attitude and aspirations: Get up and go!

Within two years you gave us "Give" – showing a huge upgrade in your production skills – with your Jeff Lynn influence much more well refined.

Come back and give us some more music.

Blackout Bump - week of 29 August, 2015
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac