Main Menu

NiteFill 2015

Started by SteveB, May 02, 2015, 05:17:49 AM

SteveB

Ted, I've only just become aware of this  -Nitefill bump - thank you - and given that you've asked a question, I think it's only manners to reply, but there in lies a conundrum. I know that I recorded this toon on my BR900 - but that machine is boxed away in the attic, along with its Compact Flash cards, on which, presumably, are the original tracks for 'NiteFill'. I know that everything apart from the drum-loop was recorded with a £99 Strat copy, (the only guitar I had at the time), using the effects from the BR900 - so hopefully someone with that machine or a manual may be able to help. And at this stage I'm at a loss to remember where the drum-loop came from? Could that too be from the 900? Anyone??
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

StephenM

first off really  digging this kind of tune... it's a style I love alot.  There is always room for more of this.  We called it "head" music.  It reminds me of that very special band from England... I forget the name  ;)  .....

I would say these drums could be the BR drums... I used them some on my 1600.  Not sure though. 
thanks for bumping this Ted, glad I got to hear it. 

the 99 pound strat copy sounds great!  Yes, agree to that the bass sounds super

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

SteveB

Well curiosity got the better of me about the wailing/reverse sound on the track, and I had a look for my photo cards and downloaded a BR900 manual from the web to put the two together. This is the £99 Strat copy - decent gtr as I recall, and I'm presuming that Number 54 Reso Lead is the effect I used. Quite chuffed that I was able to resolve the question.

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Ted

Quote from: SteveB on October 15, 2022, 04:58:43 AMQuite chuffed that I was able to resolve the question.

I sometimes wonder why I document what I do in my recordings. Occasionally it pays off.

I love that backwards sound. I wish I had a gadget that could produce it.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on October 15, 2022, 05:08:57 AM
Quote from: SteveB on October 15, 2022, 04:58:43 AMQuite chuffed that I was able to resolve the question.

I sometimes wonder why I document what I do in my recordings. Occasionally it pays off.

I love that backwards sound. I wish I had a gadget that could produce it.

I do mix quite often in Bandlab, free software DAW.  I recently discovered how easy it is to reverse sections of tracks... I realize however that some folks don't use the DAW so I imagine that is bit harder to do.
I would add that I have a similar Strat, a "Jay Turser" that I got for 60 bucks at a pawn shop!  Yippee!!!!  It's great for leads. 

also I do often fire up my BR just to use some of the guitar presets.... they sound so great and I recently figured out how easy they are to modify.  So more toys without spending more dough.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner