Who has a BR900CD?

Started by Kody, April 05, 2009, 06:28:50 PM

64Guitars

Quote from: cjones on August 07, 2009, 08:16:01 AMHi I have just bought a BR900CD. Worked fine for about 10 hours and then suddenly developed a bad feedback when trying to record. This is the same if using the external or internal mic. The whole unit seems live and the tone of the feedback changes depending on how you hold the machine. Any ideas please? Have contacted the vendor but he suggests I look here.

Only with microphones? If you record an electric guitar plugged into the guitar input, do you have the same problem?

Are you monitoring with speakers or headphones?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Yes, same with guitar input. Just a loud buzz, nothing else. Using headphones.

64Guitars

It sounds to me like your BR-900 is defective. Where did you buy it? Did you take it back to the store and demonstrate the problem to them? You could try phoning Roland tech support. However, if you've only just bought it, I don't think you should have to send it to Roland for repair. It should be exchanged by whoever sold it to you.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Yeah, bought it on e-bay so will return it. Thanks for help!

rockgirl

I've got a BR-900 and love it.
Siri -

Schecter & PRS guitars - Zoom R24 - Boss ME-70 -

Hello. I just purchased a Boss BR-900CD today. One issue that has kept me from buying one of these in the past was how hard it was to create drum tracks. I downloaded the Boss Drum editor software and it is amazing and so easy to use in my opinion. Has anyone used this yet? I can't wait to really dig in to the Recorder this week.

Any suggestions with getting started would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

SteveB

Quote from: nickmatty on October 17, 2009, 08:18:53 PMAny suggestions with getting started would be greatly appreciated.

NMY - Hello there, and welcome to the Forum. I would seriously suggest that you spend a few minutes listening to some of the astonishing uploads in the MP3-BR900 section (If you haven't already done so). What can be achieved on this machine really has to be heard to be believed. Just select, say, 4 songs from the first page of uploads (different Posters), and see what a diverse range of style, composition, and musical breadth can and is achieved. And then get stuck in yourself!! Good luck.

SB
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon